Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What we have been up to....

It seems as though I have jumped off the blog bandwagon. We had to get a new computer, so in that time I was using Dave's laptop and there is something about a desktop that I am use to! Thing have just got up and going so I thought that I would get caught up! This past week when I got home, I helped get the kids dinner and ready for bed. Jonathan just loves when I get home and loves some one on one time. So I usually will read some of the books that Sarah likes and then we will put Sarah down. Then I read longer books to Jonathan. He enjoys sitting on my lap and being read too. Jonathan is growing up so much. He is starting to say different phrases, and he will ask you them over and over again. Such as "Whatya doin'?", "Where did ___ go?". Those are the two phrases that he loves to ask ALL the time, but he does have more. A new thing that Jonathan has learned to do is climb out of his crib!!! He doesn't seem to do it that often for me, more to Dave, but we have modified his timeout from "crib time" to "bed room time". I feel that this has worked out very well because he has learned that if he clams down fast then and becomes a happy boy then he can come out, and he will open the door and come out. I am not sure if I like the idea of him being out to roam where ever he wants, this past week I came home from working out and Jonathan met me at the door (at 7 am) or last night Jonathan was down before Dave came home and he got of of his crib. He repeated over and over again "Daddy Home, Daddy Home"! Another thing that Dave and I are working with Jonathan is making good choices and choosing to be happy. We are trying to look for the good things that Jonathan is doing and reward him with a little sticker. He loves the sticker and he understand that if he obeys Mommy he gets a sticker. He now will say obey randomly knowing that he gets a sticker if he does. This also helps me to not focus on the negative behaviors but on the positive. It has really helped me a lot this past week or so.
I decided that I was going to go to my natural color (This is a little darker, but it is fading). I like the change, which is hard to believe. I have been busy with different projects and the never ending task of keeping my house clean. I also signed up for a local tri, so I am committed. Today I did my first workout with transitioning from bike to run! Man, was that hard. I have a long ways to go and just a month to do it!

Jonathan and I, these shorts I got at a garage sale this past week. I think that Jonathan is so cute; he is becoming a little boy more and more each day!

Sarah just loves to suck on a tooth brush! I figure its good for her teeth, and then it occupies her so she doesn't touch her hair!

Playing with some knew toys that I got this weekend!
Isn't this so cute!!!
Jonathan loves to go on wagon rides and this past week he has learned that he can pull Sarah all by herself!! He is so proud of himself, and doesn't want me to help. If he gets in a dip, and is kind of stuck. He repeats "Pull, Pull, Pull" So we have been going on rides very frequently! He loves to pull it to Papa's!
Going to Papa's

2 comments:

Linda said...

So cute!

Liz said...

Those pictures of them with the wagon are really cute!