Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just Sick!!


So last night I watched Jon and Kate and I was just sick about what has happened to them. I was mad, sad, and just plain disappointed!!!
So a few weeks ago there all of the sudden become tons of head lines about Jon then Kate! I just didn't want to believe them! So I decided that I would wait to hear it from them. Well, the entire episode what a disappointment. Kate never talked to Jon only to yell at him or tell him what to do. Jon is so unhappy; I feel that he really just wants to have a "normal" career but Kate doesn't get it or wants to listen. I show just wasn't the same. There was something that I really enjoyed about watching Jon and Kate; there bantering back and forth. But you could plainly see that they loved each other and in turn they looked there children. Now I just don't know?? For me I felt like there where a lot of red flags (here are a few): 1) the kids slipping and calling Kate the babysitters- so how often is Kate really there 2) Jon needed a some time off? 3) Kate having this attitude of I can do it with or without you? 4) Jon asking one of the kids if they missed him; do you think that the kids are not being effect then you are just oblivious!
After watching it just made me sick. I will be completely honest. I have feel in love with this family that is trying there best to raise a great family- husband and wife together. In society, I have seen enough one man shows. I was happy to watch this wonderful family just live life. I feel that even though, I have never met them, they are my friend or even family. This said I just can't believe what they both have become. If the shows are going to be like how they were last night, then I am not sure how much I will watch it! I really want this family to set back and look and see what really is important??? I think they have lost focus, and I also think that there needs to be a lot of forgiveness happening going on. Yes, I did pray for them cause I think they need a lot of help from above; they have these 8 great kids that need both a loving mother and father working together!
I really don't know why I love reality T.V. so much? In one sense it is so real but then its not. We really don't know what is going on off the camera's. I hope and pray that in there biggest trail of there life they can pull through it and learn and grow TOGETHER!
*They are still where there wedding rings!
***Oh and if you were wondering TLC will be getting some of my thoughts!
If anyone is interested here is where you email them your thoughts!

4 comments:

Jessica Munk said...

I didn't see the episode, or pay attention to the headlines enough to know what is true and what is not. I still don't know what happened. But I agree with you. Jon and Kate plus 8 was comfort TV for me. This is all so sad.

Chanté said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN! I'm so glad to hear of someone else as sick as me about the whole thing. We have become their biggest fans and haven't missed an episode since it started. Zach thought I was silly praying for them...so I'm glad someone else has been praying with me on their behalf! I too feel like I 'know' them. And you're so right, a lot of forgiveness needs to take place...which I think they're both capable of...hopefully the fame and fortune hasn't created too much of a rift that they won't be able to humble themselves.

Emily Heizer Photography said...

I LOVE them too. I think they are in a really bad place right now. REALLY bad. I do not think anybody has cheated. If you have read their books you would know both of them are deeply religious and I don't think their faith would ever allow them to do something like that. But they are definetly having a rough time, and Jon is most definetly depressed and feels like he has no place in the family right now. He needs something of his own outside the family. What that is, I don't know. but I bet it is hard loosing your friends, and being trapped in your house alone with your kids all day while your spouse is gone. His feelings are identical to what every american housewife feels.

Maybe he should start going to mommy groups. lol

Linda said...

Shirlene,
Can you put the link to contact tlc and give your thoughts to them... I can't find it... Thanks so much for sharing.. I agree.. :)