Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day!




This is how this past week Started out! Jonathan made his foot prints for me at school!! He was so proud of himself! He showed me, but I said is that for me he said "No Jonathan's". When we got into the car Jonathan wouldn't let go of it! He just held on tight and worked his way up into the car seat!



Yesterday, Dave let me sleep in and got up with the kids and brought breakfast in bed! It was so cute, and the pancakes where very fluffy! Dave surprised me with a Spa treatment at Remedies, and I am so excited. I have been trying to decided if I want an hour massage with a pedi or 1/2 hour massage, facial, and pedi. Any thought would be great. I have gotten some already!
Anything can bet last year, working on Mothers day. I was great to be home with my family and go to church together! We went to listen to my Dad speak in his ward, which he did great (however Jonathan had a hard time by the end, so Dave missed a bit of his talk and he was sad about that).
After church we rested and then I made a fruit pizza, it was SOOO good! We went over to my parents for dinner and had kabobs! It was great food, nothing beats food from the grill! It was very enjoyable. Then we played a new game called golf. It was fun to have a change in games, and James and Martha stopped by which was even better!

Before I was a Mom
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry weather or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom
I had never been puked on.
Poop on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night!
Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child so the Doctor could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin!
I never sat up late at night watching a baby sleep!
Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby cause I
Didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million piece
when I could stop the hurt.
I never knew something so small could
effect my life so much!
I never knew that I could love someone so much!
I never knew that I would love being a
MOM!

Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside of my body.
I didn't know how special it would feel to feed a baby!
I didn't know that bond between a mother
and her child.
I didn't know something so small could make me feel so important and happy!
Before I was a Mom
I never got up in the middle of the night to check on a child to make sure they were okay!
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment,
or the satisfaction of being a MOM.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom!
Author unknown
My friend put this on her blog, and I felt that there were so many feeling that I have felt from being a mother! I love being a mom, it is so challenging and tiring but rewarding joyful at the same time! I am so glad that I took the leap of faith to become a mother and that Heavenly Father has bestowed these little ones into my home to love and nurture! I truly feel that it is one of the biggest and best blessings to being a Mother!


* I forgot to post this on the previous post so I put it here! I think it is cute of Sarah in the grass!







2 comments:

Linda said...

Nice!

Becky said...

Awwww... how sweet! I love the footprint and the pancake face. But, I really appreciate the poem. I can so relate to it and it sure covers so many aspects of motherhood! Have a great day Shirlene!