Monday, December 29, 2008

My thoughts


This afternoon during "my time" I decided that I would just enjoy my presents that I got from Christmas. I decided I could clean later. I taught myself how to use my label maker. I absolutely love it! I have made tons of labels in the laundry room and on random things. I need to organize more to be able to put more labels on things. The other thing I have been doing is enjoying the book and CD my parents gave us by Elder Erying. It is wonderful already. While reading it I had this impression that I should write it down, and since this has become somewhat my journal. I will write it down. Yesterday I had to work. Because of the schedule and the holidays I have had to work every Sunday this month. Which I can't say that I am happy about. But, an awesome thing about living in Utah is that we are able to take the sacrament, which for me is a big blessing. Well, yesterday prior to taking the sacrament I was listening to this doctor chew this nurse out over the phone, being very arrogant as he did. It was the same doctor that chewed me out over the phone the week before about not texting him the right way. I felt this doctor isn't considerate and forgets that us nurses aren't perfect. I wanted him to think about what he says to us nurses. So I was going to give him a piece of my mind. But, he was doing a dictation and they called us back to take the sacrament. I thought to myself, "after I will talk to him." We received the sacrament and received a thought from one of the ladies, with her thought the spirit was strong. After receiving the sacrament and hearing the thought; I commitment to myself to be a little better. When I left the room and then went to talk to the doctor I decided against it. It wasn't going to change the doctor and it would just make me upset and drive the spirit away. So I opted against it. I know that the power of the spirit is real and through the spirit it can bring me closer to Heavenly Father, if I let it and obey his whisperings!

2 comments:

Emily in Wonderland said...

I have read SO MUCH about God and obedience lately. To be still and listen to what he tells you. It really strikes a chord with me to hear you say it again!

Email me your mailing address asap, i want to send you something.

Emily

Julia said...

I think I have an idea who that doctor is. It's too bad the spirit told you not to chew him out though. :) I bet you'll love that labeling machine.