Saturday, December 13, 2008

Grandpa's 80th

Sarah already for the party!
Isn't her bow cute, I made the red part of it!
Listening to Grandpa!
Dave was able to come at the very end of the Party- Jonathan loved playing with his Dad in the bounce house.
Sarah enjoying her dinner!

Grandpa, Shirlene, and Sarah
Happy Birthday Grandpa, 80 years of love sure does keep you healthy! We celebrated by gathering friends and family at the church. Then after we all told something we admired about Grandpa, Grandpa told a story, did a white elephant exchange and eat GREAT food with immediate family (although we missed Dave cause he was at work). Plus, the main attraction for the kids was the bounce house- Jonathan had a BLAST. He has so many bumps on his face from getting hit. He would get out of the bounce house crying and then within minutes he was back in playing again.
I have a wonderful Grandpa, he is a hard worker (which is one thing that keeps him healthy- I think). He is so loving, he can talk to anyone I know and is friends with all walks of life. My Grandpa has a strong testimony of the Savior and is always willing to service in what ever he is called to do. Grandpa always says he loves you when ever he sees you, and never what you to forget it. Grandpa is a wonderful story teller, as kids we loved the punch the cow story . But we heard a new one tonight. Grandpa is a jack of all trades and is so knowledgeable. He is always willing to help teach anyone that wants to learn knowledge that he knows. I love you Grandpa, you are one of the Best men that I know, and I hope that my husband can live up to the man that you are 50 years from now!

1 comment:

Marcie Kump said...

We wish we could have been there!!!! We love Grandpa, too!