Monday, February 14, 2011

Thoughts

I just had a few thoughts as I feed Gordon and read my two friends blogs. As life continues to move on day by day and we all have our different trials. I think about my two friends from nursing school that each have lost a child in the last week. How HARD that would be, but as my one friend blogs about her experience it makes me stronger- also to know that she will see this sweet baby once again in her perfect form. I hold Gordon close and look at how precious and sweet he is and how precious life is. I feel that with each child I have I cherish this time more and more. Although it is so HARD to wake up in the middle of the night and not just sleep. I hold Gordon close and stroke him and feel his spirit as I feed him. I know that I will get my sleep back soon enough, this will pass to soon and I will want it back. As my mother likes to say is we do Hard things and its true- but as we rely on the Lord he strengthens us!
I also read a dear friends blog about her trails of being a mother and conquering them! I admire her and take this quote from her that I desperately needed! "Welcome the task that makes you go beyond yourself, and you will grow"! Julie B Beck
I feel that a tender mercies at this time is to be able to be at home 24 hours a day and not have to worry about work and to enjoy my children, as I learn to function as a mother of three! I feel so blessed to have these three children in my care!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I have that quote from Sister Beck on my wall too! We use this through our life and it blesses us! Enjoy your sweet new baby and your wonderful family! We love you dearly and are grateful the great parents you are to our grandchildren!
With Love,
Mom (and Dad!)