Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's been happening in the first week!

The first night was rough!!! It was like the honeymoon was over, and reminding me what it is to have a newborn again! He was circumcised the day before and oh was he hurting and I felt for him!! But doesn't he look so peaceful when he went down for the night!
The next morning the kids were so excited to have Mommy and baby home! On Friday Jonathan wanted to come see us at the hospital, but it was going to be to hard with us discharging. On Thursday Jonathan didn't understand why Baby Gordon and Mommy couldn't come home!
Super excited!
Sarah received one of her Birthday presents early, she got a baby of her own! She was excited to have it!

Daddy holding Gordon!
Sarah enjoying Baby Gordon! She just loves to be right by his side when she can! And since Mommy was in her Pjs then so did Sarah!
For Sunday dinner we went over to Grammy's and Papa's, and Gordon was adored by all!
Lydia and Gordon! I love Lacey looking over her shoulder!
Lacey is lovin' holding Gordon!
Sarah wanted her turn! She loves to talk to him!
Grammy and Gordon!
That night getting ready for bed, Daddy read books to all the kids and he did a great job with all three! That night I decided that I wasn't a fan of getting up and down with Gordon so I just kept him in bed with me! We all did so much better!
I love this picture of Gordon and Sarah, Sarah is such a proud sister! She can hold Gordon for at least 30 minutes. She wants to hold him all the time! She actually is a great help when I need her to run and get something for me! Or tonight while fixing dinner, Sarah just held him. So they were both occupied!
We have received so much love from friends, family and neighbors. We received these cutest booties from one of my Mom's friends. Also a special thanks to Kristi and my parents for helping us with the kids, washing clothes, getting the crib ready for little Gordon! I really couldn't have done it without them! Thanks again, I love you!
On Monday Gordon had a little photo shoot with Kate and the family! He slept the entire time, he did great! I can't wait to see the pictures cause I know they look amazing!
On Tuesday I went out for the first time to the store, and after that I was exhausted. Dave stayed home with the kids and Gordon! That afternoon I went to the doctors for Gordon's week check up and he is just pat his birth weight 8 lbs 12.5 oz, height of 22.5 (which is a inch and a half longer then when he was born - there must be a discrepancy somewhere cause I am not sure if he grew 1.5 inches in 6 days), and head circumference of 14 inches. So from all that right now he is in the 97% in length! I have an eater on my hands which is so different from Jonathan but I will take it. Cause last night I decided to try him back in the crib and he is sleeping about a 3 hour block to 3.5 hours which I love!
He is loved by all. Gordon is so even tempered, he loves to look at the light, he loves to be held, he is great at nursing (which makes life so much easier), he sleeps where ever he is put to sleep during the day, Gordon hates his diaper changed and being changed into different clothes. He loves to be curled up in a ball!
Look at that cute little smile!

2 comments:

Emily in Wonderland said...

He is so cute, I love him! I love those booties to! They look so soft and snuggly! I bet you can only get something that nice HOMEMADE darn it! lol :) I love all the pictures of all the kids holding him, and holy cow Joseph looks HUGE next to him! Joey isn't the baby in the family anymore! Ha! lol Can't wait to see some more pictures! I know Kate is way faster than me so I'm sure we'll see those soon! LOL

Linda said...

I love the picture with Sarah holding him too! The haircut looks so cute!
I can see alot of you in him in some of his pictures Shirlene!