Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3 Weeks Old- Gordon


Sarah LOVES Gordon!
This past week we got out some puzzles that Jonathan is finally ready for. The first day I sat with him and walked him through each piece and then the next day he pulled it out and did it all by himself! I was proud of him, but more importantly he was proud of himself!
This past week I put Jonathan in charge of Gordon while I showered. When I came out this is what Jonathan was doing! So cute!
So sweet!



Gordon is 3 weeks today! It is hard to believe! On Monday we went to the doctors for a check up and he was 10 lbs 1 oz. He length is still unsure they told me 21 inches and then I asked them to recheck him cause the last appointment he was 22.5. So they rechecked him and he was 22 inches. The doctor says he looks great. He sleeps good 4 hours and then another 2-3 hours during the night. He is doing well- he has not thrown up for two days which is wonderful! The kids continue to love there brother and always want to know if Gordon is coming with them. I am still trying to recover and take care of the kids and keep my house some what descent. I get pretty worn out doing arron's, I am pretty good at getting dinner on the table. It helps with bountiful baskets cause there always seems to be fresh produce in the house! I am thankful for my Dad for taking the kids this morning so I could rest. It seems as though I am coming down with a cold, and I have chills right now. But this afternoon Sarah and Gordon took naps. Sarah hardly ever sleeps during naps, but she isn't feeling good. I felt like it was a tender mercy, I worked on Gordon's quilt. It is coming slowly, while I was sewing Jonathan came in and he talked to me about random things. I enjoyed my one on one time with him as he watched me sew and worked on puzzles. Dave is working a lot to support the family and I am thankful for his hard work!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I remember those early days with three. Lots of juggling! Hang in there. You are doing such a great job with your sweet kids! And remember: they don't care if the house is clean or not. :)