Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Open House


This is Jonathan in the bus going up to the temple!
This past Friday we went to the Draper Open house! It was so beautiful, there was a wonderful spirit there. I loved the African cherry wood through out the temple. Going to the open house, it brought Back fond memories from my childhood. I remember going to the Las Vegas temple and driving at night to go to it, and just remembering that going at that way for the open house it must be a wonderful place and it was. I also remember going to the San Diego temple, I was older, going with my Aunt Loretta's family and also with the Young Men and Young Women. Temples are a sacred place where we make sacred covenants with the Lord! I am really glad that I went to start the tradition of bringing my children to open houses so they one day will remember it with fondness like I did, even though Dave couldn't go cause of work. I couldn't have done it without my Dad holding Sarah the entire time.

3 comments:

Emily in Wonderland said...

Oooh, that's so exciting! I can't wait to go in March!

Julia said...

Wow! It's beautiful. Can't wait to go. That's cool you guys went to see so many open houses growing up. That must really leave an impression on kids.

Becky said...

lol... how funny and cool at the same time. I haven't been on to check blogs in a couple of weeks, just been too busy... but we went to the Draper Temple Openhouse last night! I was actually in the process of posting a blog about it myself! I'm glad you all got to go. David and I were at the Denver Temple openhouse and dedication ceremony when we were younger. I wanted to pass it on to my kids as well. Its just so beautiful!