Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years

Enjoying New Years Morning!
Jonathan already to play in the snow with his cousins!
Playing around!
Playin' with Sarah!
So one of the steps to making Kung pao is that you make the chicken tender with cornstarch and soy sauce. Well, after awhile me and Kristi looked at the chicken and the sauce round it was bubbling, and then Kristi said you used baking powder instead of cornstarch. They are in the same type of containers! But we washed it off and you couldn't even tell! We just laughed!
Some of the great food!
My creation!

On New years I had to work the first part, which was busy for me. But, it sure does go fast. Then I went shopping at Dillard's and found some awesome deals for our family! Then I headed over to my parents, which Dave was already there with the kids playing Risk and some other games. Ever since Marcie blogged bout making Chinese food on Christmas Eve, we have been craving it. It is a lot of work, but oh so worth it. So the girls made dinner, and the boys played and watched the kids. We made Egg rolls, Chow mien, Beef and Broccoli, Kung pao chicken. It was so good! I was exhausted after, so I took the kids home to put to bed. Dave went over to Grandma and Grandpas and played the Wii. Dave had lots of fun!

1 comment:

Marcie Kump said...

Yummy. Looks like you guys had fun.