Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update

I have been feeling like I need to do a little update on what Sarah and Jonathan have been up to! Sarah is 14 months this week I can't believe it! I still think of her as 12 months old. I know 14 and 12 months are about the same, but not when the doctor is having you have her come back in at 15 months and see the progress of her eating and walking. Well, the good news is that eating the last few days has really picked up. She has been eating more then just POPS. But, this week we took her in to the Doctors to see if she had an ear infection and she didn't she just had a bad sore throat. But the next day her eating picked up and drinking, so she must be feeling better. When I get Sarah up in the morning she loves to have me pick her up, then she points down to her dolly and she gives it a kiss and then she points to go out of the room. Which I think is cute! She has added a syllable to her vocabulary BA BA. Sarah loves to point to think and she has started to sign PLEASE, which I of course think is wonderful! (I try to instill manner really young in my children) Sarah loves her POPS, I put a video at the bottom of the post of Jonathan and Sarah kickin' it eating POPS. Sarah loves to turn off the lights (just turn off though). She likes to look through board books by herself. She really isn't into me reading them to her at this time. Sarah LOVES to wave either to random people at the store or when we say bye! Sarah loves to play with her brother. Sarah is doing better with nursing three times a day, but next week I will be going down to two times. I don't think it will be that bad but I think that the morning and the night time ones will be the WORST. If anyone has suggestions about those that would be great! Sarah is far from walking and I guess that is why I forget how old she is. I guess that my kids at just slow movers. I really am not worried about it, I learned with Jonathan they will learn at there own due time (I mean I didn't learn till I as 15 months). Sarah loves to walk around with me holding both hands (as Lydia is in the picture above). Sarah just loved doing it with Lydia she was giggling and laughing! It was way cute to watch! Sarah also loves to give "loves" to Dave and I. She will come up to has and just smile and lay her head on our shoulder or leg and then pop back up. Then do it again and again. She is such a cutie pie! Sarah is learning so much at her own speed. We adore her so much!
Jonathan's words continue to come and he just seems to retain so much these days. This past week (as I mentioned before) learned about "tempoles", if a building has a spire of some sort he thinks it is a temple. I do try to explain it but he doesn't understand. Jonathan loves to go to track practice with Daddy and when he passes the High school he says "Jump" over and over again! At first I thought that he saw a trampoline, but then I realized he was talking about long jumping. I am trying to teach Jonathan little chores like clearing the table and hanging up his coat when he comes in the house. Which is a work in progress, but he is learning. Jonathan has his meltdowns here and there, but I try to teach him about the consequences of his actions. Jonathan continues to love to go to Grammy and Papa's house; if he doesn't see Papa he doesn't do so hot. But Dave has figured out that talking on the phone to Papa seem to work! One of Jonathan's favorite phrases when we leave to go somewhere is "Bye, Love you". This is a boaster chair that I found at a garage sale. Jonathan thinks it is great and has no qualms about the color either. Jonathan loves ban aids. He thinks that anytime that he bumps himself he needs a band aid. He is will say "Owee ban aid". He loves to go outside, it has been so cold it is hard for him to go outside, we can't wait for spring. Jonathan loves Little Einstein; he asks to watch it daily and loves to do the actions to the songs! We love out little boy!
We were able to go celebrate James Birthday on April Fools (explains to tomato). Its fun to have them around, they are so much fun! It is April and that means that we are on the downward spiral to finishing the semester (and I use we because it effects all me just as much as Dave although he does the work!). It has been a hard semester and we are so looking forward for a week or so break. He is only taking one class in the summer, but he has a major test to take in June that he also has to prepare for! But, we are looking forward to little break and some more family time!

Pops anyone! This is just cute of them eating POPS!

2 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

When are you mailing my baby Sarah to me?! I keep telling Kristin to just swipe her and stick a stamp on her diaper and drop her off at the Post Office but she doesn't seem to think this is a good idea!!!

lol

Unknown said...

Yummy pops Jonathan and Sarah. Moms right they are good. Love you Grandma Harris