Friday, April 17, 2009

Thoughts

Thoughts: I have many thoughts on my mind. I have found old friends on facebook, which puts a smile on my face to become once again reacquainted. As one of my friends has or is going through a hard time with losing a precious daughter. As I have read many care pages and posts on her blog. My heart is filled with compassion for everything that she has gone through. But, the one thing that has hit me the hardest is through this hard trial in her life she has found JOY in the journey. Yes, she is hurting, but she finds joy in the little things that her daughter brought to her! As I think about what is to come for my life, I wonder will I too have a child that has a LOT of special needs? Over a month ago coming home from the gym in the early hours of the morning before the roads where busy I was listening to Dave's Zune and the thought came to me that Heavenly Father is preparing me for something, and that it is possible that I might have a child that has special needs. But that is OKAY, I will love that child because they have so much to give me and teach me. As I pondered upon those thoughts. I thought if this is the case Heavenly Father then I need more time before I bring another on into our sweet family! I need time to get these two little ones not so dependent on me. Now I think back to when I was told we possible would have a child with trisomy 13. I was terrified all I wanted was a MIRACLE, a "normal" child. But, now I my heart has changed. I have matured (just a little). I will take whatever personality of a child that Heavenly Father give me or spirit that is very dependent upon me. I have more faith and trust in Heavenly Father now then I did back then. I would say that I am wiser! So with that said, who knows what will happen or what kind of children we will have have. But, one thing that is for certain is that our arms will be wide open to receive them!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love you Shirlene~ What faith you have!