Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Piano Recital

Yesterday, I had a piano recital. I have been plying for about 3 years (with a few breaks). The piano is coming, but I have a long ways to go. But Dave tells me not to be too critical. On Monday I was very anxious about the recital, so I had Dave give me a blessing which helped tremendously. I told myself no matter how it sounded I would post a video so that I could see my progression and Megan you could see it too! I knew that I would make mistakes but I just kept going and tried not to worry about it. I can tell that I have improved over the last 6 months (my last little recital I wouldn't post the song cause I was too embarrassed about how it sounded). I actually enjoyed myself a little and wasn't too stressed. I am glad that I too the leap in trying to learn the piano (I do regret not sticking with it at my young age!!!) There are more pictures to come!

8 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

I am really impressed! I think you did a great job - it was a long piece and you did well throughout! I think it is awesome that you decided to go back to piano in your adult life. I don't know if I could ever do it! Not only do I not have a piano, but I don't know if I would have the patience to keep at it. Way to go!

Jessica Munk said...

Oh My gosh!! I so want to take piano lessons! Who do you take from?! And I totally knew what you were playing! Good job! And I am impressed with your cool the whole way through it! Its been one of my lofty goals of adult life-I don't know when I'll get to it!

Linda said...

I am very proud of your accomplishment! Just think where you have come from! Yeah Shirlene!

Amy said...

Awesome Job Shirlene. You should be so proud of yourself!

Megan said...

You have improved SO much! Thank you thank you thank you for posting the video, it made me so happy! You really did do well. It's just great that you are bettering yourself through piano and it will bless your family so much. Way to go! You look great too, by the way!

Kerri said...

Shirlene, what an accomplishment. I so appreciate you posting the video. I have been too embarrassed to post anything from my recital, but you've inspired me! Way to go.

Lori said...

Shirlene-I don't think you made very many mistakes. You should try to count all the notes you got right. Sounded awesome. I love you. Grandmother said it sounded very pretty.
;}

Dustin and Nicki said...

You did great!! I'm so glad and proud of you!! I'm determined to get back to my lessons when I get out to DC. You are my inspiration! :) Love you Cuz