Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What an awesome Dad!

Once a year I get to spend a few days with my sisters, sister in laws and Mom; my husband is wonderful and stays home with the kids so I can relax and enjoy myself! Jonathan was so excited to be with Daddy. On Thursday he asked Daddy if he was going to play with him!
What a great Dad, playing with his kids in the sand box! I love you!
Well, our ward was having a ward campout and Dave decided it would be fun to take the kids and then come back and sleep in there own beds! Well, he called me right before they were supposed to leave and said Jonathan wanted to camp (I think that Daddy really wanted to too!).
Jonathan loved it! He found lots of friend to play with!
Sarah enjoyed the cookies!
This is one of Jonathan's friends in nursery. He loves to play with Ashby, but seems to fight with him all the time! One time Ashby came over with his Dad when Jonathan was in bed, and when they left Jonathan wasn't asleep and he called me in his room. He asked me if Ashby was there- he knew Ashby's voice. I thought that was pretty funny!
It rained while they were camping, but they braved through the rain!

Another friend Jonathan found to play with, what a cutie, huh!

Enjoying roasting his marshmallow!
This is when all the fun began (that's what Dave tells me)! They didn't fall asleep till 2 am. Dave was ready to go at 2 am, but it would have been too much work without me there, so he struck it out! He said it was an experience of a lifetime!
Jonathan in the morning ready to go and have fun bright and early!

Eating Breakfast!
Walking more and more!
Playing!

What a good Daddy hang in there till the end!
Sister Weekend post to come!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Your kids are so precious and growing up so fast. I'm so glad you got a chance to get away and Dave had such a great time with the kids. What would we do without our husbands?!