Saturday, August 8, 2009

Update!

Well, the summer is almost over and I can't believe it! It seemed way too fast! Here is a few things that we have been up to!
Last week my Dad asked is us to watch Lavette, the kids loved it! Let just say that it cured Dave and I have having dogs anytime soon in our home! Sarah probably was the happiest about Lavette. the first thing she would do when she woke us was "Ba ba" which is what she calls Lavette. She would come up to Lavette and lay in front of her and give kisses on her mouth. She loves to give loves. Jonathan took a different role, and wanted to tell Lavette where to go and what to do- "Kitchen Lavette" (However she never listened). Jonathan was scared of Lavette, she thought that she was going to run over him. We survived and so did Lavette! She did miss Papa, dearly!
Sarah is walking more and more, I can't say that she is completely walking but there is improvement everyday! Sarah loves to walk to someone, Jonathan loves to walk with Sarah and hold her hand. He at first was walking way to fast for her and almost pulling. Dave and I would always tell him to slow down. Well, now when he walks with her he says "Slow, slow" continually. I have a hard time keeping Sarah on her back while changing her diaper, but this last week I have discovered a trick to keep them entertained. I singing Patty- cake and do the motions with there feet before and after the diaper change, and man is it wonderful! They love it and it keeps then still; Jonathan thinks it's great too, since he saw me do it with Sarah!
Nicki came to visit prior to going back East, we felt very loved. We had a lot of fun talking and just hanging out. Nicki was an awesome guest and she can come back any time! The kids loved having someone new to play with. We love you Nicki! (This was the best picture of Nicki since the kids never would smile!)
Yesterday, we went to the pool again! It was a lot of fun! The kids really enjoy the pool these days. Jonathan loves his life jacket and loves to push himself around the pool on his back! He found my goggles at home and wanted to bring them! I think he looks so cute! Sarah is this daredevil in the water, so after yesterday she will be wearing her life jacket when we go to the pool. She loves to just walk everywhere in the pool and is just fine falling in the water (face and all, and scaring me) and coming out with a smile. She would love to be big and go on the big play area, maybe next year!
Before going to the pool I went and saw a Periodontist and if you aren't aware I have terrible teeth! Just a fact of life! Well, I have some gums reseeding and and one of my teeth has no attachment to the gum so I have to have surgery to remove a little gums from the top of the roof of my mouth. The was very impressed with the periodontist, and while he was explaining every thing to me I shed a few tears, just knowing that it is going to be a painful recovery and it is just frustrating that I have to have this done at a young age. But I don't want to be 40 yrs old and losing my teeth, so the this is part of life for me. I do have to learn different technique of how to brush my teeth, but the doctor told me next time bring in my toothbrush and he would show me! So in the last month with this surgery and getting a cap- I have had a total of $1400 worth of work done on my mouth! No fun! Dave now know s after going to the dentist I always have to have work done, and now he just asks how much the damage is! I am still looking for a good dentist I don't like the one that I am at and need a good one. I had a wonderful dentist in California that I loved, that no one compares to here; any suggestions would be helpful!
This morning we went over to my Mom's and this nice girl that my Mom works with came and showed us how to make bagels! This is right before you boil them!
This is the finished product! They were wonderful! I didn't get any pictures of us eating them cause we were inhaling them! I will be for sure making them!
We our finishing our last wall of painting tonight, we are so excited to be done! Painting is so hard, but now our house is looking so much cleaner I LOVE it! I just have some touching up to do! Dave starts student teaching in 1 1/2 weeks and doesn't feel ready, but I am excited for him to start so that he can get done cause so much will change when he finishes (at least I hope). One good thing is that I didn't think that there were any history teaching jobs out there, but we have found a great website and there is- they might not be close or where we thought we wanted to live but they are out there (a good sign in my book). So that is what has been happening in our household!

2 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

I had ABSOLUTELY no idea that you made bagels by boiling them! How weird! And cool! It sounds easy! Makes me want to try it. Who can't boil water? And so much less time consuming and messy than donuts. At least I would think! I'll have to check out a recipe.

I didn't know Dave was going to be a history teacher! That's what I originally wanted to be, all through high school and college, and then I had a bad experience with a nasty professor and then I switched to the law stuff. But my degree is in History. That is cool!

I've got my fingers crossed that everything works out for you guys!

And that really sucks about your teeth! I have never found a dentist where I am either. I just go see my old dentist in orange county whenever I am back there. He's great, no one has ever compared to him! He was actually my neighbor growing up too!

Cosmetic Dentist said...

I didn't know that donuts can be boiled in water. is there a recipe for that? maybe it is easy.

Very easy to use. I can't say enough about dentist in orange county. The more I use it, the more it impresses me.