Thursday, May 13, 2010

Update!


It seems as though I continue to be behind on my blogging, but my time seems to be spent so many places at this time! Such as life! Here is my attempt to get caught up! Last week was our 5 year anniversary!!! It was fun to hit a milestone in our lives with Dave graduating and having our 5 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going to dinner at Red Lobster (after attempting Mcgrath's, but it apparently has been out of business for quite some time?). Then we went shopping and just enjoyed being together. Oh yeah we then watched a movie! Dave was wonderful and gave me these beautiful roses! I gave him a scrapbook (that still needs to be printed) of our Costa Rica trip! That was fun to do to reminisce about the wonderful trip we had together!
Happy Mothers Day!
Dave made me breakfast in bed, but one of the best things was sleeping in (which hardly ever happens), I was in Heaven! It was a nice day spent with my family and I also enjoyed going to Sunday school and Relief Society and being uplifted by the messages (cause the men went into the primary to relieve the women).
With the onset of summer upon us we have been starting our summer projects! Dave has been painting our different doors in our house so that they match the base boards and not the tan walls :)! Jonathan is Daddy's little helper, he was just so excited to help him and be with Daddy! Jonathan is in a great stage of life, just interested in everything around him. I have a funny little story that I need to explain a little bit. Since I am a nurse, I feel that it is important to explain to my children the real names of body parts and not nickname them. Well, I was going the bathroom, and it of course never fails one of my children come in;- it is Jonathan and this is the conversation
Jonathan : Whatya doin'?
Me: Going the bathroom.
Jonathan: Why? (he comes closer)
Me: Because I have to go pee.
Jonathan: Why? (he comes even closer)
Me: Because that is a normal thing that people do.
Jonathan: Oh, Mommy where is your penis?
Mommy: Only boys have a penis and girls have a vagina
Jonathan: Oh (and walks out)

I couldn't believe it, just made me laugh. But, I couldn't laugh in front of Jonathan so I went out where Dave was painting and told him the story and we just laughed!
Jonathan is just so interested in life and people! He loves to play at the neighbors and talk to them through the fence! Jonathan is SO excited about going to the beach and going to Disneyland now!
Dave is busy working full time now as a marketer at Costco, we both love the company. He also is working on the different projects I have for him. Along with applying for teaching jobs, which could be a full time job in itself. The applications are very tedious and time consuming. He also has been starting up working out, which everyone in the house benefits from :)

THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN CENSORED BY ADMIN DAVE
(He said it was inappropriate)
Oh my Sarah! I just love this picture it is just a classic picture of Sarah after a nap! NAKED! Paired with shoes! Sarah sure keeps us on our toes! She HATES a wet diaper and always has! I don't know if she is ready to potty train just yet, but I think after my trip to DC and to Nicki's reception we will attempt. I know it is a process at least in this house. She is very strong willed and I hear "ME, Me" repeated over and over again when she wants to do something that I want to do for her, which is frequent. I am trying to let her choose more and do things for herself. But when she gets upset or doesn't like something she gives raspberries very upset like, which I don't like one bit. However, Sarah has become my little helper and loves to help me clean the mirrors or help put things away for me! She really enjoys having me all to herself when Jonathan's at preschool once a week (the other day Papa, takes him). This past week we were going home and she kept saying "Papa". I asked her if she wanted to go over to Papa's and she said "uh huh." She loves getting loves from Papa, while I practice! Sarah loves to be sang to at bedtime by me. I think that Sarah has the hardest time when I am at work (has always been so), well one night I layed next to her in her crib and sang to her cause she was having a hard time. She just LOVED it because ever since she gets right into bed at bedtime and points at me and then the pillow. She now will say certain words with the song. I have to say I enjoy this one on one time with Sarah that we can just enjoy this time together! (I'll try to get live footage of the above mentioned bedtime ritual soon.)

2 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Sooo sweet! I love the bedtime ritual! I definetly need to see the video!

HEY Admin Dave! How about we blur out or black out the inappropriate parts of the picture so we can post it!?

I bet you could get a little graphic of a heart online and then just paste it over her girl parts so she is all modest but we can all see how cute she is! lol I can do it for you too if you don't know how. Think about it! It just sounds so cute in the high heels!!

Lindsey said...

Hey Shirlene!! Just catching up with you! Your kids are so dang cute! And i am so impressed with all you are doing! You are amazing! Way to go with the piano! And congrats to you guys for Dave's graduation! That is so exciting!