Friday, May 28, 2010

Nicki's Wedding

This past weekend I went out to Washington DC for my wonderful cousin, Nicki's, Wedding! I was so excited for them to get married! Well, prior to leaving Dave couldn't get Thursday off so we brought Sarah and Jonathan over to two friends of ours. I packed their lunches and they were excited to go play!



Jonathan wanted to make sure that he brought his Monkey backpack!

So that night we got into DC late, and rented a van to get around in, which with all our luggage we were packed! After, we went to my Mom's favorite crab cake place! Kristi and I had cream of crab soup and Grandpa & Grandma and Mom & Dad splurged and got stuffed shrimp and cake cakes and they were kind enough to share with Kristi and I. They were VERY good!

Happy Birthday Mom!

Then we traveled close to Loretta's place, and Kristi and I stayed with Emily & Michelle at a friend of Grandma Shepherds (she actually was out of town so we had the place all too our self!) We stayed up till about 2 talking and then I decided that it was time to go to bed. Emily and I were up early (5am) to do a photo shoot with Nicki and Dustin, since I was Emily's assistant!

This is what I looked at a lot! They were so fun to watch, very much in love. I also learned a lot from Emily about angles and where to take the pictures!

Trying to multitask, by holding the flowers and take pictures of what I liked!






This one is for you Dustin!

Mr. Personality


I loved this one, and yes I copied Emily and what she did!



Sisters, sisters!

Cousins!

Doing a great job!

Showing the government personnel that we had the right permit to be there taking pictures!

I loved Nicki's Dress!!! It was prefect for her, she had sent me many of pictures of what the dress was to look like and it on. But, it didn't do it any justice until I saw it on her! Nicki was a Beautiful Bride!




After the photo shoot I went with my family to the Mint, which was very interesting in how they print money! I couldn't take any pictures in the factory!





We took the metro! It was an adventure, but it was a LOT better then being stuck on the freeway!

That night we went back and had a little BBQ at Loretta's and then my Mom, Kristi and I were in charge of the flowers! Well, that was interesting cause mom was the only one that was a professional! It was a little STRESSFUL making the different bouquets but the one above with Jessi is the one I did- which I was very proud of myself!

Emily was busy editing photos so that Nicki could print off a few for the reception the next day!

THE WEDDING DAY!

I was able to sleep in till about 7:30, and then got ready for Nicki's big day. My parents picked us up and then we headed to the temple! We waited in the temple lobby for awhile and then went in for the ceremony. This was me and Kristi's first time going to the DC temple. There sealing rooms were shaped in an oval, and prior to going into the room me and Kristi had decided that we wanted to be sitting across from Nicki so that we could have a clear view of her during the sealing. Well, with the shape of the room we had to sit on the outside row closer to Uncle Dave, well one of the temple workers I guess read that we were happy where we were sitting and asked us if we had a problem? Kristi responded and said no we are just fine, he insisted and said no your not. But Kristi reply again we are fine. Then he asked us she who is your sister, I told him that Kristi was. But he was implying that Nicki was. then Loretta came over and said that this was Nicki's best cousins that came all the way from Utah. He said okay and then put us up by where Dustin's Mom was sitting. It was a funny experience. The ceremony was very nice. Nicki was was happy and excited, and Dustin was really taking in everything that the sealer said. I was very happy that I came to be with them on there special day to be sealed for TIME AND ALL ETERNITY!





Siblings





I loved Nicki's shoes! She walked in them great!

After the wedding Dustin's family hosted a very nice luncheon! We ate some great food and then had a nice small program with help of the Nicki's family and Dustin's family! First Nicki's family preformed a song and dance that they changed the words to, it was so cute! Then Dustin's family showed a slide show of Dustin, and I guess a few embarrassing things of Dustin, shown by the picture above! It was fun for us to get to know Dustin a little bit bitter! Then both parents said a few words, and then Dustin sang to Nicki! It was a very well thought out program. I REALLY enjoyed it, and am so excited for them and their marriage!

That night they had a reception at Loretta's house, but it was predicting rain so everyone helped to bring everything in! It was fun to visit with cousins! Then they cut cake, and then Nicki and Dustin danced. It was a song that Dustin picked out because it had meaning to him. Then Nicki gave her bouquet to Grandma. It was so sweet! One of the things that I loved about Nicki's wedding she knew what she wanted and didn't want for her wedding, and did what she wanted!It was so good to see Candace, it has been too long! It was fun chatting and reuniting! I love you Candace!

Then after the reception we celebrated Mom's Birthday by singing happy birthday and blowing out candles! My Mom is so selfless and thinks so much of others and giving. She didn't say anything about her birthday until after Nicki's wedding! I love you Mom!

I am trying to download the viedo's, but I am not sure if I can cause they are really big!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It sounds like a beautiful wedding, and a fun trip! I'm glad you had a good time, you deserve it!