Friday, May 28, 2010

Potty Training

This picture was taken this past week, it doesn't really have to do with the post except you can see Sarah in her panties (if you look close). I thought cause Jonathan picked up one of Dave's school books and started to read it too Sarah! But I guess the funniest part is the title of the book!
Well, last week Dave and I decided that we were done with Sarah and diapers and the things that went along with that such as always removing her diaper, painting on her door. So Monday was the first day I started with Sarah. I gave her a little lesson on when she drinks what happens with a little doll we had, and then I gave her a lot of juice. Well, a little while later she had n accident and then later she went to the bathroom. The success rate on day one was over 50 % so I thought she did pretty good. Day 2 was on Tuesday and she started off doing good, but then I got nervous cause we had to do a lot of errands and she won't go on a big potty and she was drinking a lot. Well, we got home and she still won't go. The thing with Sarah you can't get her to sit unless she really has to go. Well, later we had to go pick up Jonathan frompreschool and I knew she needed to go. But she didn't want to go, so I just told her that I was going to the bathroom and that it would a long time until she could go again so she needed to make a decision. Well, I went to the bathroom and then I could hear her in the bathroom! She went! A lot! I was so proud of her. Well, she only had one accident- during naps. Day 3- No accidents (she didn't sleep during naps). Day 4- at Aunt Kristi's she did great and had a diaper on during naps and did go in the diaper. Day 5- no accidents thus far and she just got up from her nap after sleeping and was dry! Way to go Sarah! I really didn't think that it was going to be this easy! We love you, Now to figure out your reward with Daddy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YAY for Sarah! It is so hard to know when to start but it looks like she was ready!

Becky said...

Congratulations Sarah! We're so proud of you! You are getting to be such a big little girl!