Monday, May 24, 2010

In Memory of Lavette

Last Wednesday my Dad decided to put Lavette down. I know that this was very hard decision for my Dad to make but it was time to say good bye to Lavette. Lavette came to our family when she was just a pup. Dad and Kristi raised her as a seeing eye dog! Lavette left to go to training and then Wisconsin, but wasn't able to handle the stress of it. So she came back to our family, and especially when my Dad needed her most! I am not a dog lover, but I have grown to understand the love that people can have for there dog, and the important part that they may hold in there heart!
Lavette honestly was the best dog, she let all the grandchildren crawl all over her and would just walk away when she was done!

Giving loves!

Saying their last goodbyes!
Today we went over to Papa's and Sarah and Jonathan wanted to know where Lavette was. I reexplained to them (more to Jonathan) that she was in heaven now and that she was sick and she needed to be with Heavenly Father. He understood cause Sarah asked this afternoon where Lavette was and then at bed time with I was tucking him in he told me that Lavette was in Heaven! Lavette will be missed!

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a sweet dog. Sad that she had to go!