Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break!

On St Patrick's Day we had the some of the cousins over, which of course the kids loved. I made green rice crispy treats, which they thought was great! We also has the traditional cornbeef and cabbage for dinner!
Getting the garden ready!
Dave found a gardener snake, and Jonathan thought it was pretty interesting!
Our cute boy!
One of our many trips to Lowe's

Playing in the sandbox!

Enjoying the wonderful weather!
With spring break comes spring cleaning, and Sarah was helping me!
After a great meal!
We had a very enjoyable spring break! We got a lot of things done on our to do list. It was just nice to be home together for a few days. Jonathan would often comment "Momma home, Dada home, Sarah home, Jonathan home". It is very unusual for us all to be home together. We worked in the backyard a lot and started getting our garden area together. This year will be our first year using that corner beside the planter box. It use to just be full of weeds. Dave also got Jonathan's sand box and filled it with sand. Jonathan has already started to enjoy it! We took many trips to Lowe's. Dave is in the process up putting up a screen door for the back door; which we have been needing for sometime! WE enjoyed doing errands together as a family. I worked an extra shift recently to earn some extra money. I get frustrated living on a tight budget at time, so it nice to be able to work a little extra to get some extra spending money. So i took Dave out to dinner t Johnny Carino's it was wonderful, and we also had this wonderful waitress! Thanks Leslie. We enjoyed talking and being able to just enjoy each other. We decided to just got to dinner, which was a good thing. Because when we got home both our kids were both up and it was past 9. I didn't really understand why the babysitter didn't put them down. But needless to say they slept great for naps the next day (which is rare). Then on Saturday Dave and I went to the temple, which was very needed! It was great to go and get away from everything for a few hours.
This morning I started training for my tri. The hardest part is swimming for me. So I have been procrastinating starting, but today I did it. The first few laps I could feel it, but then it came easier. I also finished my Birthday banner, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so am perfecting it (or making a new pattern)!

4 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Sounds like you guys had fun together. Isn't Spring wonderful!? I want to see your birthday banner. I think I know what you are talking about - my friend just posted something online about a birthday banner. I thought I might try one eventually...probably not a good first sewing solo project, though, huh?

Becky said...

Question: What exactly is a "Birthday Banner?" It looks like you all have enjoyed Spring coming to town. I'll bet its so nice to have a backyard where you can garden and let the kids play around! :) I'm glad you all enjoyed Dave's Spring Break! Have a wonderful day today!

Julia said...

Great projects. This weather makes me itchy to get busy doing something productive too, but it is always hard to find the extra time. Good luck training for your tri. That's SOOO neat!

Jess said...

What a fun break. Family time is my favorite...it's too bad that it can't happen more often, but it just makes it that more special...even if it is just playing in the backyard.