Thursday, March 5, 2009

The amazing pianist!

I was able to go to my piano teachers senior recital. it was amazing, she was amazing! She played 5 different pieces, which totaled around 45 minutes of playing and it was all memorized. The piece above was only part of the song cause I couldn't record the entire thing. She has been practicing for 2 years for this day, with spending 4 hours a day and at the end spending 8 hours a day. It was just awesome to listen and watch her play with so much emotion and exactness! At the end it brought tears to my eyes to think how hard she worked to get to this point in her life! I am truly being taught by a master pianist, I am very truly blessed. ( I tried and tried to download a song but to no avail- so here are my thoughts!)

3 comments:

Julia said...

How inspiring! Do you still go to Megan? I would love to even learn to play the hymns someday...

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! So nice to hear music that is so polished - that the performer has worked so hard for. I know how your teacher feels!! Does she go to BYU?

Shelly Beth said...

I went to a John Schmidt concert at the Tuacan Theater in St. George and he was amazing. I have ALWAYS thought if I could play the piano, that would be the one song I would want to play. It is my favorite. It is on one of the EFY CDs, in case you want to get it from there. I think it is the 1999 or 2000 CD.