Friday, January 15, 2010

Last Day, Day 10!

Sunday was our last day in Costa Rica!!! We had so much fun, and enjoyed our one on one time together as husband and wife, but we were ready to come back and be with our two little ones at home! We enjoyed breakfast, and I ate all the unusual fruit that I just wasn't sure about. I can't remember the name of it but it was a ball that looked kind of like a mango but lighter. When you opened it up it looked like lava. Well, I ate it- it was sweet and had seeds that you just ate that made it crunchy. They had guava fruit that was different then what is here in the states, it has these seeds that made it harder to eat, but I rather liked it by the end! As Dave said about most of the food in Costa Rica you have to be accustom to it and well I did; well to at least one thing!
Packing up our stuff for the plane trip home!
It was rather surprising everything in this airport was outside! There were long lines and remember it is very hot! We got through customs around 12:30, but we didn't leave till 3! I thought I was going to die- but I just kept drinking water and I made it!

We finally made it on the plane, they only can let one plane take off at a time because the crew does everything to security check, to getting you on the plane, to making sure the airplane was safe to take off!
We arrived in Dallas barely made it on our flight to home, and we had a two lay over good thing it was two hours!
We finally made it home, our flight wasn't full so it was easy to sleep on the way back!
I was unsure about going to Costa Rica, but after going I do want to go back but with my children when they are a little older!
I am glad to be home!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, what an awesome adventure. Glad you had fun and made it back safely!

Kerri said...

Thanks for the great trip report. I'm totally jealous of all of your experiences. So fun!

Liz said...

Great job on all the posts! It looks like such an awesome vacation and you guys seemed to do a lot of fun stuff!

Emily in Wonderland said...

You are so brave! I could never do all that stuff that you did! I am a pure weenie! I'd much rather backpack through Europe and Greece and stuff by myself than head south. (I've actually done that, several times!lol) I'd be too scared down there. It looks like there is ALOT of poverty too. That is sad, but it seems like you both had such a good time and man, Dave's face is just exploding with happiness in every picture! He really loves it!

I am jealous about the zip line! I am terrified of heights too, but for some reason I don't think I'll be afraid of that. But, um. That may change when I am standing on top of the platform. Eeek!