Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 4!

Today was Monday, we woke up early to caught a shuttle bus to take us rafting! I don't have any pictures from rafting! However, we did buy a CD with pictures of us and the beautiful scenery that we rafted through! So rafting was a BLAST. This was Dave's first time and my second. We drove up the river Pachu. So we got on the river around 10ish and rafted for about 4 hours. We had an awesome guide!! We went on class 3-4 rapids. By the end we were ready for class 5 rapids. The water was lower since it is the summer time there, but our guide made it so much fun, we would stay in rapids longer then any other raft to make our adrenaline go up! He would have half of us turn around and paddle backwards and then we would go in circles down the rapids to make the rapids more exciting! We jumped in the water many times and swim in the river in rain forest it was amazing! We loved it! After the trip we ate lunch and then they transferred us back to our hotel and we caught another shuttle to Arenal or La Fortuna! The pictures below are the pictures we took on the way to Arenal.

The driving down there is crazy!!!! They pass all the time, I couldn't believe how many times I thought we were going to hit someone or a car!




(You might be able to tell, but Dave and I both both sunburned. But Dave got fried on his legs!!!)
We finally got to our hotel; they welcomed us and had us sit on these couches and then drove us to our room on a golf cart. It was off the beaten path, which was nice to get away from all the tourism that is in the city! But, since it was far from the town it would have cost 16 buck to take a taxi about 3 miles max. So we decide to eat at the restaurant their!
This is what Dave got, and I just ate off it! It was very pricey (they charged us for our water!)
Our place, it was very nice!
Since Arenal has a waterfall, they made the bathroom into a scene of the waterfall it was kind of cool!

Do you like the King size bed? I am only 5'5, it was very short and way long!
This was our porch it was so nice and secluded! There will be pictures tomorrow of the scenery! It was great, we really like it there!

5 comments:

Linda said...

So fun!! You look good on the patio!! :)

Chanté said...

What great pictures! I've been excited to hear about your trip. It makes me want to go somewhere with Zach. How great for you guys.

Kristin and Jason said...

It looks like Dave is a little lobster he is so red!! I love the bathroom and the bed! Very good!!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. When we went to Brazil I hated not having my water when I ate. They thought I was crazy for ordering it and yes I hate that they charge you for it too!!! I figured out if you ask for ice in it, you can make it last longer....they thought I was crazy for wanting ice in my water but I didn't care because I was thirsty. You guys took some great pic!

Shelly Beth said...

Is the first time you went rafting on the American Fork with the YW from YL? That was my 16th birthday! It sounds like you guys had a blast. The place looks amazing. I would say Drew and I would go visit his exotic mission, but it was in UT...no big deal there :) How neat for you to be able to go where he served!