Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 7!

So the next day in Monteverde, we woke up early to go on our Zipline adventure! But, we were sure if we were going to do it cause of the rain/wind/cold. We had breakfast and by this time I knew what I liked on the buffets. I would have big plte of fruit, an omelet, and there they had this great banana bread it was so moist. Cause for some reason (I know Dave told me the reason but I can't remember) all the baked goods are really dry. After they were their to pick us up and we talked with them and they told us it would be fine. She we decided to do it!
I guess the weather is pretty much like this throughout the year, except in March. So they had they heavy rain coats for us (and it also try to keep us fairly clean).

I was pretty excited but pretty scared! I am not so into sky high heights!
This was the last plate form that we went to, and their were 9! Which was a good thing. Because the first one was a practice one, and it was maybe 30 feet down.


All ready
Getting ready!
Teaching us how to do it! This tour guide was really patience and I really needed that. So the second platform I cried cause it was really high and chickened out and I went across with the tour guide! IT was really winded, but they kept telling us that it wasn't bad. It was only 60 MPH winds and the day before it was 80 MPH and they had to close it down cause it was too dangerous! By the third one I went with Dave cause you had to do it in pairs, I was doing better. By the fourth one I just went and didn't think about it! Dave loved it, and I thought it was fun and I am glad that I did it even though it was one of my fears!




We got really dirty with the rain and the dirt from the cables!
I look tan or something, and this was after they gave us rags to wash our faces!
We came back and ate lunch and took a nap, at this time I could tell that I was really missing our kids cause I was dreaming about them!
That afternoon we went horseback riding! We went with a big group of teenage girls.
It was very pretty, but I can't say that I liked it cause my horse was SO SLOW! The only time it would gallop or anythings was when the master had a stick behind him! My horses name was dynamite!

After our ride! (I wore a hat even though it wasn't raining but the helmets didn't have a pleasant smell to them!)

That night we went to a Soda, and I had typical Costa Rican meal- rice/beans/beef with some squash and they had a tomatoe with lettuce. It was actually pretty good!

That night it was starting to clear up!

I loved the clouds there! In Monteverde it is called a cloud forest and just loved watching the clouds fly by!

No comments: