Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2!

We woke up in Costa Rica, and I was ready to get up and go around 6:30 (despite going to bed late) cause the sun come up around 4:30! So we got up and got ready. This picture below is out of order but I had to include it cause it was quite the experience! So we were coming back to our hotel and the bus driver was driving kind of crazy and the brakes where smelling funny. Then all of the sudden he dropped the transmission. We all had to get out and wait for another bus! It was crazy!

So after we got ready we went down to there little kitchen and choose what we wanted for breakfast. I decided to go with the norm down there, and had gallo pinto and eggs. That is rice/beans and eggs.


This was the view from our room! This is what all the houses look like out there!

They all have bars on the windows and gates around the house for a deterrent of some sort. This was my first time really being out of the country and I was very nervous. I kept asking Dave if he had his wallet or passport. It took me about a day to clam down!

We went into San Jose and walked around and this was one of the outside produce markets, we had stands for everything from candy to beans to hardware shops. I thought is was rather cleaned and didn't smell to bad.

This is how they sell pina cause it is more compact. Which was interesting

This is how they keep the insects away from the food, which I thought was rather cleaver!

These were the police officers, don't they look official?

We tried to go to a Museum that talks about Costa Rica but it was closed because of New Years!

This was one of the wonderful greenery they have there!

So I thought I would try the pipa, which is the type of coconut that they have down there! It is rather different then what I think of coconut.

I can't say that I am a fan of the coconut water, but I did try it!
Then we headed to Guapiles after San Jose. We took the bus in to town so that I could get the full experience. It took a good 1 to get there.

This is a typical picture of a Tico at one of the bus stops, and yes they like bright colors down there!
We defiantly got into the jungle, it was beautiful there! I really liked Guapiles, it was a nice temperature and it was very green!

On the way there it was very green and foggy!

Once we got there we waited for a family that was going to pick us up there in Guapiles, this was the row of taxi's waiting to take people where they needed to go!

We met up with the Chavez', they were so nice and generous. They wanted to make sure that next time we come we bring our kids and stay there!

They are very well off down there, and this was there beautiful home!

That night we went and visited a family, where Dave used to live. They were very excited to see Dave and talk with him. The members all wanted to know why Dave hadn't taught me spanish? I thought it was interesting that the way they get someone to come to the door is not knock or ring the doorbell they say "Opa" until they come.

At our hotel they had a indoor soccer field and this is what it looks like!

Then after going for a walk we where hot so we went for a swim! Today was a nice day to come a custom to the way of life down here in Costa Rica!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like a great time. What an adventure! For some reason, your blog isn't updating on my blog roll, so I just keep checking to see if you've updated.

Our Family said...

That is odd!

Linda said...

That is a nice pool! What were your other choices for breakfast?