Monday, January 11, 2010

Costa Rica Baby! Day 1

We decided about a year ago to go to Costa Rica for a Graduation present/Christmas/5 year Anniversary/trip of a lifetime! When we originally planned the trip Dave would be graduated and just working. But of course life changes and so Dave is taking more classes this semester to be marketable in this economy. And then Dave had to change departments when he came back from student teaching and so when our tip was originally planned we had to change it about 3 weeks before (good thing we did it with a travel agent)!
So we left on New Years to go to Costa Rica for 10 Days, yes just Dave and I! I have amazing parents and parents in law to make this possible!!!! A big thanks to them! So I have never left the country so I was rather nervous and preparing for the worst, but with that said I was very unsure of everything. I told myself I would be better once we got to Costa Rica!
Well, our flight left at 6 am so we had to be there 2 hours before, so we woke up at 2 am. Our travel agent knew this and last minute bumped us up to first class- way cool. However, this caused MAJOR problems so when we checked in they said that we only had reservations and we still needed to pay for the flight!!! I of course panicked and tried to get a hold of my travel agent in Georgia (which is was 6 am on New Years). No success, I was about in tears! So I told Dave if we are going to get down there then we are going to just have to pay for them our self's, even though we payed for them through our travel agent. They were 1600 bucks one way! Well, we were about to get on the flight and Heather called (Travel Agent) and she said there must have been a mix up with the upgrade. She said she would figure things our and for us to call he in Dallas (by this time I was in tears cause it was a nightmare).
Well, we made it to Dallas. I was feeling a lot better about things and talking to my Mom about the entire problem (since I had to call my Dad to get a number for me to get a hold of Heather!) Well, we had a 6 hour layover in Dallas- which ended up being great cause we got to hang out with Jeff and his family!!!


Jeff and the boys came and picked us up! Jeff showed us there beautiful house and we hung out in the Media room while the boys played Wii and Dave slept! It fun to be in Dallas hanging out with the family!

We sure miss them!
They took us to there favorite Mexican restaurant! It was great!

After we spent a little time at the admirals lounge since we were in first class! It was awesome!

We LOVED first class! Too bad this will be our last time using it!

So we finally made it to COSTA RICA about 8:30 that night, we went through customs. Then we met our Tico that was going to transfer us to our hotel in San Jose. He gave us all our vouchers to be able to do our activities/transfers/hotels.

Then we got to our hotel, it was very nice. There lots of paintings and plants!

It was late and we where ready to sleep!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Glad you guys are back! That's cool that you got to see Jeff and everyone. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Marcie Kump said...

It was so great to see you guys! I cannot wait to hear/see more about the trip! I am so jealous!!!

Linda said...

I am so glad you were able to go see Jeff and Marcie!! And no more cost!! The trip of the a lifetime... :)

Linda said...

Marcie,
That picture of you looks so skinny!

Kristin and Jason said...

I'm glad that I can finally check out your trip, I will read day 2-4 later Joseph is having a heart attack! lol

Angie O said...

That looks like a completely Awesome trip! I soooo want to go to Costa Rica!!! You'll have to give me some advice when we finally get around to it!

Jessica Munk said...

did things get worked out with the first class stuff? did you get reimbursed?