Friday, June 19, 2009

Potty Training

Jonathan started awhile back telling us he had to go potty! It was a shock and a surprise to us. I thought honestly he would be 3 or 4 years old ( since he was a late walker I just thought he would be late in potty training). Well that is not the case. Jonathan is about 90% potty trained in pooh. Which I actually really like because we do cloth diapers and it is one less diaper to rinse! Jonathan is great at dumping his pee and pooh into the toilet (with my assistance). However pee is a different story. I started rewarding him with stickers at the start and he like it but it really didn't excite him. But this past week I had a mint and Jonathan wanted one of course. So I thought and then told Jonathan if you got potty then you can get candy it worked! SO ever since then I have been giving him a chocolate chip or left over Easter jelly bean with each successful attempt to go potty and if he is unsuccessful then he gets a sticker. Well, I am not sure if if is not totally ready to be out of diapers. But, I have him go prior to naps and bedtime. However for the most part his diaper is wet when he wakes up. So I am not sure what to do or make of it. Any suggestions would be great! So in the end it probably will be 3 years old when he is successful potty trained! But at least we are making a lot of progress in my book!

1 comment:

Amber Blair said...

I bought Alana a potty watch, they sell them at Harmon's for only $9. You can set it to go off every 30, 60, or 90 minutes. It plays cute little songs and has lights. It actually acted as a reminder for me too cuz then I could just take Alana to the bathroom every hour. It helped Alana cuz she loves music, and since it was so cheap I figured I'd give it a try. She now wakes up dry from every nap and sometimes wakes up in the morning dry.