Monday, November 17, 2014

Visits from Dads side of the family (July 20, 2014)

So that Sunday night after Family dinner at my parents house Grandmother, Aunt Lori, Aunt Sheri, and Uncle came in that night.  It was so nice to have them here during this special time.  This is a picture of Grandmother and Dad... such a precious moment.  The next day Amy was in St George and came up to see Dad and everyone.  I am so glad that she made the trip up.  It was nice to visit with her at lunch...Kristi, Amy and I went to Café Rio.  This week dad was when it became SO HARD to get out of bed... he spent most of the day in bed and then at night he had enough energy to go out in the family room to his chair.  It was so hard to see him this way... when I would check on him and see what he needed I would fall apart and cry.  I had always hope for another miracle... but to me it was writing on the wall.  I then knew he wasn't going to make it.  When I would hug him as I would leave the room I would just cry and he would cry with me.  When I helped him to the bathroom we would hug and he broke down telling me that Henry won't even know him...I knew that and it broke my heart.  However, he would tell me that he would be around for a long time.  I hoped for that and wanted that...but something just told me that it wasn't going to happen like that this time.  We enjoyed the extra help from Aunt Sheri and the break so Kristi and I could get out alone.  I enjoyed being introduced to swig cookies from Aunt Lori and Uncle Neil fed the love for the swig cookies!  It was so nice to rekindle our relationship with Sheri and Neil and Grandmother and Lori!  The kids played more in the backyard and we left the house less.

















No comments: