Wednesday, November 9, 2011

GG Funeral!
























The first weekend in November we were able to go up to GG funeral! Dave's schedule got rearranged last minute and we were able to go up as a family! We left very early on Saturday and made it up for the viewing! Jonathan and Sarah just stood in front of the casket and just wouldn't leave! It was the hardest on Sarah, she just loved GG. The day before I was talking to Jonathan and Sarah that we were going to see GG body, but Sarah didn't understand and started to jump up and down. Yeah, GG house. So on Friday night we had a small little family home evening about what happens when we die and where GG spirit goes. Jonathan was able to grasp it, but little Sarah just didn't understand. That night she cried herself to sleep.


The funeral and viewing was so nice. Grandma did a great job, and I loved hearing stories of GG. It was VERY cold at the graveside. So we didn't stay too long, but Sarah won't leave she wanted to stay next to GG. She finally was way too cold and said she would go. She rode back with Uncle Lloyd in the Hurst and she was just excited about that.


We feel so blessed to have known GG for so long. She was 93 year old when she died. And I know that it was a privilege for my children to know there Great Great Grandma! And we are thankful that we can be so close to Grandma and Grandpa so that my children can know and love them so well! I am so thankful for my wonderful family!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Shirlene,
I am sorry for your loss... the loss of being able to be around her in this life. I have to tell you... I was listening to my blog's music at the same time I was reading this post, and the song that came on was "If You Could Hie to Kolob." It was very touching because right as I was finishing what you had written the song sang the words... There is no death above. How lucky we are to believe that, to know that. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers often, we love you.