Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jonathan

Oh how I love this boy! I mean you can't look at this picture and not laugh?





Jonathan is learning so much these days! When I got for my jog in the morning, the kids our in the trailer, we pass lots of animals on the way. We talk about what the cow gives us and the chicken and when it came to the pig he would say pancakes. But know he get it and say bacon. But it was pretty funny the first few times he said it. Jonathan loves animals, one time on our run we say a turtle in the pond area, it was pretty neat. But the next day we were reading scriptures (I read a word and Jonathan says it), and I read "upon" and then Jonathan say like where the turtle lives! Dave and I couldn't stop from laughing it was so cute!!!!
Jonathan loves people! He loves to play with kids and thinks that each day he should go over to a different house to play. Jonathan loves to play with Nate and Grace (they are so great to ply with him since they are a lot older then him). Jonathan loves to play with his cousins, and is in Heaven!
About two weeks ago I was talking to Nicki, Jonathan has a great memory- and he remembers Nicki coming to play with him about 6 months ago. When I was on the phone, he said that he was going to play with Nicki tomorrow. Well, the next day Dave and I went on a Date and Jonathan had in his mind that Nicki was coming to play. So when I babysitter came over, he was not happy at all cause he wanted Nicki to play!
Jonathan continues to love to read and loves to be read to, especially Annie and Jack - and Curious George! Jonathan loves to look at books on his own and find new things about them. Jonathan is learning to read the word "a" in the scriptures and loves to point out "a".
Jonathan has become a great little helper. He does great at setting the table and doing his "responsibilities" that are his. He does great at putting the dishes away and doesn't like Sarah to help him. Jonathan knows the routine of getting ready in the morning- eat breakfast, go potty, get dressed, and brush his teeth. I love when I ask him to do something and he says "Sure". It just makes me happy when he is so willing.
Jonathan loves watch Backyardigans/Curious George/mickey mouse club during quiet time, and wishes that he could watch more T.V. if Mommy would let him. Jonathan is so excited to have bunk beds in his room- like Lydia and Lacey (that what he says). Jonathan's appetite has increased and he has started to eat better overall! He also loves being four, and loves to tell me 'cause I am big'. Jonathan is still learning on trying to be a good friend, and what is funny and what is obnoxious. I love that he is so willing to learn.
Jonathan favorite part about preschool is scripture story time where we talk about different stories in the Book of Mormon. He especially loves when he hears something we have learned in preschool and during church, scripture study or family home evening!
We love a big boy!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I LOVE your little updates on each of your children. You will just love reading some day, as will they.