Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Zoo

We have been wanting to go to the Zoo for awhile and we have finally made time and went together as a family! It was a lot of fun!

Jonathan was in Heaven, I never doubted that! He loves animals, But a few times he told me he was scared and I had to reassure him that they were behind fences and in cages that he was safe! He loved to way and say hi to the animals.

I really didn't thin that Sarah would really be that into the Zoo, but she LOVED the animals. She would point and squeal every time that she found the animal. It was so cute to watch!

This Tiger was one of my favorite animals there!
We went to an elephant show, and we got up close and personal to the giraffe (which I am trying to put below).
We all really enjoyed the Zoo! It was hot, but there was lots of shade and water to drink! Jonathan and I were able to pet a snake (I think that Jonathan was more brave then I) Jonathan really liked the elephants and the giraffe. Sarah loved everything she could see, I really think she wished she could walk!! But today well we were having a picnic in the Zoo she was sitting on my lap and standing on all her own, time and time again!
Well, at the end of the day we ran into one of Dave's school friends that is a Zoo keeper (or something to that effect). It was awesome, she let us feed the giraffe. Which I think was the best part!! Then after she told us that we could go and me a penguin that was raise by humans from day three and she is very friendly! Well, we went in the back of the penguin area and as you can see from Jonathan's face he as terrified to be that close. However, Sarah wanted to get up close and pet it! Well, it is a little snippy and liked Sarah's shirt but she didn't get Sarah! But, she did snip Dave but she said it was like a little pinch! It was cool, I just love how they walk!

By the end, we went on a short train ride and Jonathan LOVED it!
Feeding the Giraffe!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!