Friday, July 3, 2009

Obeying

The last little while getting Jonathan to go to sleep is a chore! I sometimes thinks that he is the energizer bunny- he can be playing in his room till 9:30 or 10 at night and then be up by 7ish all smiley and happy for the day. This past week hasn't helped because we have been starting to paint the hall and Jonathan wants to know what we are doing and try to look under his door to see us. So last night after our nightly routine. I asked Jonathan how he wanted to put to bed; he choose Daddy. Dave later told me that he asked Jonathan to stay in his bed and play in his bed (while crib we haven't splurged yet to get him a bed). Well, I was looking at things on the computer late around 9ish and I thought I heard a light turn on. And usually Jonathan will get into trouble when that happens, although he has last a lot of big toys from his room cause we found him miss using them! Well, a bit later Dave checks on him to make sure he is safe. Well, our cute boy is in his crib with the light on and reading books with a pile of books around him! He was trying to obey! He is such a cute little boy fun of life! I talk to him a lot about obeying and he likes to yell out obey and then run to where he needs to be, it makes me smile!

2 comments:

Sarah Keith said...

He is so cute! You are good parents!

Becky said...

Awwww... such a cutie! I love it when little kids try so hard to do what they're supposed to, and its just wonderful that he loves to read!