Monday, July 6, 2009

My thoughts

Today I went for a run (rather a jog, I was just enjoying thinking and listening). I am thinking bout doing one last tri before the season is done. Well, Dave downloaded the Henry B Erying book on his Zune for me. It has been really nice think about what he is saying and have time to ponder. As I was pondering I came upon thinking about my calling. I am in the nursery, which is good and bad at the same time. It is very nice because Sarah is not 18 months yet and we would be just out in the halls cause she wouldn't be able to sit the entire time. But, it is hard cause I feel that at church I want to enjoy and be filled with the spirit. But I am lucky to be able to really listen in sacrament and then we go straight into nursery. It makes it hard to get my spiritual fill. I am been struggling with it, but as I have pondered about this I have felt that I should sign up for an institute class in the fall to help me get spiritually filled. In lessons in nursery I try to bear my testimony so if I m the only that feels the spirit of my testimony then that is okay. Well, listening to Pres Erying he talked about his amazing Dad that had bone cancer and how he was pulling weeds for the Lord (there is a long story a long with it that I won't repeat). But it made me think that I am in the Lords errand in the nursery, if that is where he needs me I am doing for him. Although it is hard to not get a break and be spiritually feed, I will pull the weeds for him!
This summer is going so fast I just can't believe it. I feel that I have so many things to do, with the house and plus normal life and piano. Piano continues for me during the summer, and I have made goal for the next recital to memorize my next piece which will be very challenging but I think I need to do it. In theory this last week, i finally figured out how to figure out the V7 cord, which my teacher has been trying to teach me but it just hasn't clicked. However I finally figured it out on my own and showed my teacher and I was so excited for myself (It was a little thing)
As we are almost done with school in December, and it has became very stressful for us not knowing what the next step will be in our lives! We are trying to step forward with faith but it is HARD. I just want to have a little piece of the puzzle given to me! PATIENCE, I know but once gain that it hard!
Sarah stood for the first time this past week, and that is awesome and exciting for us since tomorrow she will be 17 months! These are some of my thoughts for today being kind of like my journal

3 comments:

Linda said...

As you see the Lord blessing you your faith will continue to increase! I love you! You are awesome!

Marcie Kump said...

I totally agree with you about nursery. It can be such a struggle, but what matters is that you're serving the Lord. I think taking institute is a great idea.

Yay for Sarah, too!!!

Lance and Jen said...

I was in the nursery for over 1 1/2 years! I totally felt the same way. A couple of things I tried to do was actually learn from the lessons I gave--we often forget those small, simple fundamental principles of the gospel. Also, I tried to study the lessons that were to be studied in Sunday School and RS. I would think of experiences that I could share, etc. I realized how effective classes would be if everyone studied prior to coming to church and came with experiences and thoughts to share. I learned a lot more during that time than oftentimes during actual lessons because I was more prepared.