Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time to update!

I know I haven't had a post in a long time. I have had other projects that I have been busy with, but a blog post had been on my to do list!
My little independent girl! Sarah is learning so much these days. Her vocabulary is growing so fast! The other day she was saying money (they learn that word too fast), and yesterday she said McDonald's, well I was the only one that could tell. (We went for a play group with people in our neighborhood- I am too cheap to eat there). Sarah really wants to be independent, last Sunday she found brother's shoes and put them on all by herself! She really only likes to put on shoes that she can put on by herself, I am glad that we have some crocs in the closet. She is so proud of herself when she does something by herself. She is still working on putting clothes on by herself, she thinks everything goes on by her feet first. Sarah is doing so much better with obeying lately, I believe that the thing that has worked the best is being patient and consistent with her. She goes to her room a fair share of the time, and now she will go on her own and shut her door and then clam down pretty fast and be ready to come back out and do better! Last night I needed to cut Jonathan's hair (Dave worked late), so I decided that the best time would be after dinner but before baths. I worried about Sarah, and having her get in the hair. But, she did great she needed some reminders- but she just watched. Sarah is also doing better at just laying down when asked to get her diaper changed, which is so helpful. Naps, well that is another story. She pretty much doesn't nap anymore, and if she does it is for a few minutes. The picture below is Sarah making a mess during naps. This morning I cleaned out her room and kept only what was necessary to be in there so there was less to mess up. For some reason Sarah loves to be nakey, I have a picture of Sarah when I went and checked on her during the night and she had her bum sticking out and her head buried in a blanket. I didn't think it was appropriate to post the picture, although it was rather cute! She will be naked many times during the night. Once when I check on her, then Dave checks on her and then in the morning she will be naked when she is playing with brother. However on the positive side she never goes pee when she is naked! :) It is so nice to reflect and see that Sarah is learning and becoming more obedient each day!


Playing- Sarah got in the swing all by herself. She is very determined when she puts her mind to it!
"Babies"... what can I say? She loves'em!
My little boy! The biggest news is that Jonathan is pretty much potty trained!!!!! We are so excited, and I think that over all Jonathan likes it too. Jonathan has had very few accidents in the past week. Probably two during the day, and two at night- 8 days in underwear. That is going to preschool and primary and telling his teachers all by himself. I think that is pretty awesome, and yes I am a very proud mother. Jonathan's reward is going to the Movies at the mall. However there isn't any movies out for him to go see. I hope something comes along soon! Jonathan is rather cute, he will say random phrase or things that just make you laugh. Like, "It's Christmas", when ever it is snowing. Or I tell him something, he will say "Good idea Mom". He is very thoughtful and a great helper. The other day during breakfast Jonathan saw a spill and told me about it, I told him that I would clean it up after breakfast. Well, when I wasn't looking he got a rag and cleaned it up by himself. I was so surprised. He is doing very well at putting away the knifes, forks and spoons. And when Sarah is interested he likes to show her how to do it. Jonathan loves to watch different shows, and is pretty into them when he watches them (so one of the rules is going potty before he watches them or at least try). Jonathan loves to go into Sarah's room when he wakes up and play, they are great at entertaining each other! This picture above was Jonathan entertaining himself while Mommy cleaned, he was reading Monkey George- I thought it was rather cute!
FHE-Dave taught the lesson on Nephi building the boat, it was way cute and the kids just loved it!
Showing Sarah how to put the dishes away!
So what have I been doing, beside working tons. I have started the new craze of couponing! And I have changed everything to the binder system, and it took a lot of time. But using it this week, has been great. I have been saving a lot and Dave sees it too now. This past week I got five boxes of Quaker cereal squares for a total of $2.20. And the week before I got 12 boxes of fruit loops (yes we will be eating them for awhile- but that is okay) for free and made 24 dollars way cool huh. No it is not just cereal. Yesterday I went to Target and got 21 dollars worth of stuff for 8.73. I was pretty proud of myself, two free toothbrushes and a free box of band aids. Besides that, I have been scrapbooking ALOT. I got very behind with the holidays and life. But I am pleased to say that Sarah's book is all up to date and Jonathan's is not far behind. This next week I am going to be working on their Easter presents and I am pretty excited about them along with trying to work on Jonathan's scrapbook. Another wonderful thing is we paid off our credit card which really stresses me out. It is such a relief, and now we have a small school loan we need to pay off and our goal is 3 months. I really do hate debt! Another great thing is we are going to So Cal this summer and I am so EXCITED. We are going to be camping on the beach and then going to Disneyland! We have our reservations for the beach, the hotel, and our vouchers to Disney. Jonathan knows about the beach and talks about it all the time, and how we are also going to be seeing Blake and Landon. But, we haven't told him about Disney until it gets a little closer! We need a new tent if anyone has a two room tent that they love let me know, cause we will be purchasing one so that we keep sane for the week on the beach!
Dave is doing the same ol- school, work, and looking for jobs and everything that goes along with that. This week he was named the cashier of the week, which we are proud of him and his hard work. He enjoys his new position, more then he thought he would. If anyone knows of a social studies/history secondary ed teaching position let us know! Dave walks next month, I can't believe I am writing that- he will finally be a college graduate next month! (Technically he is already graduated as of December, but the commemoration ceremony is in April.) We will see where the Lord directs us after this. We are really hoping a teaching job, but maybe more school and working at Costco. Time will tell!

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a great post Shirlene! I am proud of Dave!! Good Job! :)