Sunday, March 28, 2010

Music to fill...


I have been wanting to have a piano in our home to fill the walls of our home with music for some time, but recently I think that I have found the one I want! Well, about two weeks ago my piano teacher said that she thought that I was ready to move up to John Schmidt and I was SUPER excited because this was one of my short term goals. So I took the kids to go get piano music that afternoon. Well, I was at the store I started to look at the pianos that they had there. So the lady sent the salesmen to come talk to me, and I fell in love with this one. I loved the look of it and how it sounded! I know we can't afford it at this time, but I am starting to save for it! I am so thankful that I have started to learn the piano at such a old age (I do regret not having a desire to practice at a young age), I know that I have inspired my Sarah and Jonathan to love music (Dave also). This past week I was trying to practice and Sarah just wanted to play, which makes it really hard to practice. Well, Papa gave her a little tiny keyboard that they had and she was so content. When I was finally done she was still on the couch playing. And Jonathan came over to me and said I am being like you, I am playing the flute. :)
Besides my little out let of piano I have been working on little Easter gifts for Jonathan and Sarah, trying to learning photoshop (which seems like a never ending challenge), keeping my house clean (which is also a challenge in itself), being a mother, working, helping Dave get through the last of his semester, and lots of other little things.

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a great reward and Daddy!! :)

Emily Heizer Photography said...

that is a beautiful, beautiful piano. I love the carved legs. I wanted a piano pretty bad too when I moved into my place and started looking right away on Craigs list. it took a couple months but I found one for $300. It is an upright, dark wood and had been owned by the person I bought it from since she was a litle girl. I paid $150 to have it moved from their house to mine, so all told I paid $450. Is it my fantasy piano? Probably not, but it matches, I love it and I have had the pleasure of having it for almost 3 years now. And that is priceless.

You know what else is also priceless? The fact I have managed to play it less than a dozen times, I'm sure, since I bought it. (smack forehead)

I took piano for 4 years as a kid, and I too, wish I had been more patient back then, and also wish I could take lessons now... just not in the budget.