Sunday, October 25, 2009

Becoming a mother three years ago!


As Jonathan's third Birthday came closer and closer I started thinking about how three years ago I became a mother. I always wanted to be a mother, however actually becoming a mother was very overwhelming. I remember holding Jonathan the first time in the NICU, and not know how to hold a newborn in my arms. I remember breaking down after having an unsuccessful time feeding Jonathan trying to call my mom and then my sister and breaking down and saying I don't know how to be a mother. Well, now I am three years in and I can't say that I know how to be a mother but I have a better idea of how to be one. I am so thankful that I am a mother to my wonderful little boy that brings so much joy and love into my life!
I love the challenges and the frustrating of being a mother because I love finding the little small joys and laughter of the day that comes and makes being a mother all worth it!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love the picture of you and Jonathan! You look beautiful. You are an awesome Mom... :)

Chanté said...

How sweet! That first picture of you two is so precious.

Amy said...

Wow, he's is 3 already. Time flies!