Saturday, August 23, 2008

Makes me Laugh

I don't have any pictures for these cute stories, but I thought I would written them down so I wouldn't forget them. Yesterday Jonathan just made me laugh!
I was cleaning my shower yesterday during naps. Jonathan woke up early, and instead of crying he would just say "Mama" over and ever again. I just can't leave him in his crib every time that he does this- it just too cute to me. So I though I would just give him his snack and then finish the shower while he was eating. I snapped one of the clips to try to keep him in his booster seat and gave him his snack. Then I was finishing the shower. I could hear him saying "Mama" over and over and then it stopped, I thought to myself I better check on him. A minute later he comes in the bathroom with the biggest grin. He got him self out of the booster and climbed down and found me! It just made me laugh to myself- he is so clever!
Later on I was fixing dinner and Jonathan wasn't listen to me. So he went into time out multiple times (he goes in his crib). One time I walk in to get him and he had thrown out all his blankets and was folding his arms and bowing his head and mumbling like he was praying. I walked in and I said "were you praying that I would come and get you" and he said a big yesss like he does. I just checked to myself!
After dinner, I got Sarah ready for bed. Dave was still at work, and I was nursing Sarah. My phone was ring and I knew it was Dave calling. I could get up at that point. The first time it rang Jonathan stopped what he was doing and started to dance to the phone tone. The next time, Jonathan danced and then tried to find it, and then the third time I told Jonathan that it was on the counter. At this point I could get up, but Jonathan wanted to get it. So he hurried and boosted himself on the chair and then on the counter (needless to say I hadn't cleaned up from dinner so it was a mess) and got the phone before I could- he was very proud of himself!
Jonathan makes the mundane things of life great! He is one of my many blessings!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Kids are just the cutest. You can bever be mad at them for too long. I agree, they are the biggest blessings in life!

Angie O said...

Haha! What a funny boy :)

Julia said...

I'm so glad you're recording these great stories because as much as you may think you'll remember, you won't unless you write them down. Good job! He's such a good boy.