Friday, August 5, 2011

Looking at the Good in Life

A long time ago I started asking the kids what was their favorite part of the day. I have felt that it is an important lesson to teach my child to look at the good things in life; that it is a choice to be happy.

So each night before bed (if Dave is home), at scripture study. If Dave is not home then during dinner; it gives me something to talk to them about during dinner. Tonight Dave is working late, so I started off dinner asking Sarah what her favorite part of today was (I have learned to ask Sarah first cause if not she will repeat what Jonathan says)? She said Papa's (Going over to Papa's). Then right after that, she said Jonathan (taking charge of the questions- which I let her). Jonathan said going to the store. Then Sarah asked me what my favorite part was, which took me off guard because I usually just ask the kids or also Dave but I rarely say my favorite part. I said Daddy cleaning out the oven. Then Sarah asked Gordon, then we all started thing of Gordon's favorite part. I thought it was very cute of Sarah to take the lead in the dinner conversation. She is a little mommy! I love her so much!It made me think that I need to say my favorite part of the day along with the kids!

No comments: