Tuesday, July 26, 2011

6 Months old!















It is hard to believe how time just flies when you have a baby! Gordon is 6 MONTHS OLD! We love him so MUCH, it is hard to think back and think about our family without this big guy! He brings so much joy into our lives!!! He is such a HAPPY boy! He is our BIG guy, he is 19 lbs (we go to the doctors on Monday). He started eating solids this past month on July 18th- it was hard for me to start him on solids cause I just want to keep Gordon as my baby boy. He has been ready for awhile, and my doctor always say between 4-6 months to start. I finally made the plunge with Gordon and he LOVED it. More of it went in his mouth and he swallowed it then was on the highchair. But then the following days he he would spit it out or blow bubbles. I quickly learned that he wanted it thick!!! Which is kind of funny to me, Gordon wants to be big like his brother and sisters!!! He is doing really well with Cheerios and today Dave gave him a cracker and most of it got eaten and no cough or anything!
Gordon has some funny things that he does that I love. Gordon is a thumb boy! At first you would find a thumb in Gordon's mouth if he was tried, but now he does it for comfort/tried/bored. Gordon loves to sleep on his tummy. Sometimes when he is on tummy time he will get tried, he will put either thumb in his mouth and then start thumping his right leg down. I love it. And sometimes when he is really tried there is a moan that goes with it! Gordon gives the best smiles and loves to smile at random people. Gordon also loves his feet. I will find him in his car seat just sucking on his toes (he is almost grown out of his car seat and will be moving to a new one sooner then later- CRAZY)!

Gordon is a mover today when I put him on the blanket and was in the kitchen doing something. I came back and he was in the dining area with his body stuck under the chair. He is backwards mover! He is strengthening his tummy muscle to sit and doing better all the time!
Gordon loves bed time and can't wait to sleep peacefully! He usually wakes up around 6:30-7:30; and is ready to eat!!!

No comments: