Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

We started the 4th off really early, with a 5k run! We were running it as a family. Dave pushed Jonathan and Sarah and I pushed Gordon (there was trade off Dave got the better strolled but more weight and I got less weight but worse stroller).

This was Dave's first official 5k race! We have been training since May together and Dave started off having a really hard time, asthma acting up. But by the end he was ready. I got a little emotional cause I had always dreamed about running with my husband (but it was never a requirement for marriage), and the day has finally come.






There was so many people crazy! We tried to stay in the back with the strollers, trying not to run into people but we should have waited longer! It had been so long since I raced and it felt so GOOD! I loved it and especially with all my family!



We did it and finished together!



Then after the race, we went to the parade!
The kids just love the parade! We had breakfast while we watched the parade withe chocolate milk- one of the kids and Daddy's favorite traditions!

Enjoying the parade next to Papa!
Sarah enjoyed wearing my medal from the race (they gave them to everyone!)



Enjoying the parade with their cousins!







One tried Baby Boy!

Our Cute little Family!

Then after the parade we went home and rested or a bit and then Then we went swimming. It felt so good to cool off and spend time with family! Jonathan didn't feel while so he slept on the grass, poor guy!


Then we had a BBQ and party for Grandma's 75th! We love you Grandma! It was so fun spending time cousins and relaxing!

Nicki and Dustin came back for the party! We love seeing them again! And the kids were SO SO Happy, and Dustin is such a good sport to always play with Sarah! We love you guys!


After the party Daddy put on a fireworks show!! Sarah could not wait she has been asking about it for DAYS! IT was such a great 4th of July and I am thankful for all the freedoms that I have!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Shirlene, you look awesome!!! What a fun family activity to do. I am jealous, I have such bad knees I don't think I will ever be able to run more than a mile these days, which makes me sad because I love running.

Wendi and Matt said...

You look good! Good job on the run!