Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wonderful end to an exhausting day!


Yesterday, after a long and exhausting day at work; I was so ready to come home to see my wonderful family! Tuesdays are hard since Dave has class in the morning and afternoon. So in the afternoon we had a girl from the ward watch them, and they did great with her. But the minute I walked into the house. Both Sarah and Jonathan wanted their Mommy and just want me to hold them! Which, is very tricky! Well, I got Sarah down first since she is just ready as she always is. Then I got Jonathan ready for bed. I have been reading this Love and Logic parenting book, which I really like the discipline style. Dave and I have taken two classes previously from Jonathan's school. But there is so much information that it is hard to implement everything. So one thing that I have been getting out of all the reading is giving him more choices so he feels more in control of the situation. Well, last night I gave him so many choices, from the book he wanted to read to if he wanted to sit or stand while he brushed his teeth. Then when I told him it was time for bed (or a withdrawal as they call it cause there is no choice about it). He just said okay and walked back to his bed. It made for a great ending to the day. These are some PJ's Jonathan got from Grandma Harris aren't they the cutest! Jonathan goes through stages of loving certain books and right now he loves this book I got from my good friend Kayla called " The monster at the end of the book" it is very silly but Jonathan loves it and picks it up and always says "Shhhh" cause that is what you say on the second page. It always makes me laugh!















Dave took this one earlier in the day! Don't you love Sarah's hair. It was time to fold laundry, which is a dreaded chore in my house! Well, today was a first! When we say prayer I always say "its time for prayer, lets fold our arms". Today when I did that at lunch Sarah put her hands together kind of like she was praying. And then at dinner same thing it was so adorable. It is unbelievable how they pick up, when you just feel that you are doing the daily routine! Sarah is just over a year and she is already picking it up. Sarah is so adorable I just love her to pieces!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your kids are cuties, as always... what is this Love and Logic book you were talking about? Who is it by?