Saturday, February 21, 2009

What's been happening

This past week my cousin Katie got married, we were able to got the reception. It was fun to met up with everyone that we haven't seen in awhile and caught up. Jonathan was in heaven with the dancing that they had there at the reception!
I loved this! Someday I wonder if Jonathan will have the desire to learn to play the piano like his Mom!

So last night for our Friday night treat I decided to make rice crispy treats However, I only had hard marshmallows that were forever old I thought they would be fine! But of course they were so chewy, it was actually comical!
Our cutie!
This morning when i went and got Jonathan up he wanted Sarah to be in his bed with him! I had to take a few pictures!

I love that expression!
What's been going on. I have a few days off and I feel that my house is a disaster most of the time. WELL, would agree to disagree. But I really like things organized and put in there spot. But I can say that sometimes this is not the time. However, I have found some madness to my organization to help me stay organized and sane like our family room and my label maker, getting rid of things that I know we don't want. SO with this I have been organizing and cleaning this week, today I have two more things that I need to conquer but the desire is lacking and blogging my thoughts and sleeping are calling more. But, I can say that I LOVE a clean home it make me so happy. Dave and I have a system that we do each night to keep the small living area clean which helps but the deep cleaning and the backside of the house just doesn't seem to happen as much as I would like.
Well, today I had the opportunity to go to women's conference for our stake, which my mom was in charge of and she always does such a great time. I was a able to visit with my Grandma and Aunt Loretta (Kristi we missed you and hope you keep recovery). I am thankful for opportunities like these to give me strength and courage to know what I need to do to be a better person and to build a stronger testimony of my Savior so that I can be a light to my children and to the people that are around me. I really enjoyed the first speaker who talked about finding reasons to rejoice even in the hard times; finding joy. And also how preparing to met Heavenly Father brings JOY. This has become my journal in so many ways. I there are so many people that look at my blog many only look at the pictures come read the posts and some read, look and comment. I am fine with whatever floats your boat because this has become something for me, and outlet if you will. I can truly say that blogs have become a wonderful thing for me to connect with friends that don't live close or see very often, to feeling connected with cousins that don't live close to feel a part of there life. And then running into people that you knew when you were some. I found a blog with week of someone that I grew up with. I look up to there family with admiration; the parents our rocks and there children have chosen there own path whatever that it might be. However the oldest child, whom I know but not very well, decided to do a more spiritual blog and I think that it is great. I feel that by reading a few post that I have become strengthen by her testimony through her blog. I am thankful for that and the blessings that blogs have become in my life.
This morning I went and had a workout and when I came back Sarah was crying, so I got her up and feed her in the front area of our house. While I was doing this I could hear Jonathan talking to himself, and then I sneezed and I hear Jonathan say "Bless you". It was so cute it just made me laugh!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Women's conference was wonderful! The spirit was very strong and wonderful speakers and women! Thanks Shirlene for being there and supporting me. I love you!

Sarah Keith said...

Your kids are so adorable!

Becky said...

Hey Shirlene,
I'm glad you blog, whatever your reason, because its through your blog that I feel I've really gotten to know you better. Also, it really has been such a blessing to me to be able to show my daughter her cousins.