Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sarah's Birth

A proud mother,
looking at her beautiful baby girl for one of the first times!
Just after Sarah was born!

Cute cheeks!
She was ready to come!

Getting ready to go home!
Sarah was born on at 3:45 a year ago yesterday! We knew that we needed to have Sarah at this time, even though we weren't exactly sure of everything. I had some anxiety, but I knew it was her time. I new that Sarah was a little girl at the beginning of my pregnancy, I had that feeling. However, we just didn't know what to name her. We talked about it and talked about. i wrote lists i knew that I wanted a family name that she could live up too, I liked two names however I just wasn't sure. So we decided that we would just wait till she was born. Dave had a feeling about a week or so before she was born that her name was suppose to be Sarah Shirlene. But, I had a hard time. I really liked this other name, I just said we would wait so Dave said that was fine. Well, with everything that happened I was in the OR once again trying to deliver Sarah. And while they were prepping me I knew her name Sarah Shirlene the spirit testified to me that, that was supposed to be her name and that she was a strong spirit that was coming to us! So that is how her name came to be! I told Dave after she was born and then he was excited and started to tell everyone!
Well, Sarah's due date was the 2nd. When the second came nothing was going on. I really REALLY wanted to go natural, I had my head set on it! I have a wonderful Doctor that was willing to let let me go awhile before I would have to have a c-section. So that Friday I had to have a non-stress test which was okay. On Sunday night I was starting to have contractions and get into a lot of pain. I went into the doctors and they checked me and I was maybe a 2 and the contractions stopped when i got there. But, they gave me some morphine and phenergan and sent me on my way! The next day i was out, I slept the entire day through. Kristi took Jonathan for awhile. I finally recovered and on Tuesday I went and saw Dr Wolsey he checked me and he said that I was barely dilated to 2. So I asked him to if he could strip my membranes and he said that if nothing happened to come in the next day and he would strip my membranes. So Wednesday night, I went in and he wasn't really sure if he wanted to strip my membranes, he really wasn't a real believer that striping your membranes kick started the contractions. So he talked to me about having a c-section the next morning. I was going back and forth weather to just wait till the next day for a c-section or try and go natural through the night, either way I was going to have my baby the next day! Well, he made the decision to strip my membranes and that was no cake walk. So with in 20 minutes my contractions started and I wasn't lovin' life! So that night we arranged with my parents to put Jonathan down at there house cause I was going to be going in for a c-section the next morning. Well, my pain progressed and my contractions stayed constant. But I layed down for an hour to make sure they stayed constant and they did. So at the hour mark, I told Dave that I was going to the hospital and I was HURTING! When i got there, they admitted me and I was dilated to a 3. So they gave me an epidural as soon as I could! I wasn't sure how fast it would be , so I asked for some morphine. But, they were really fast and I was pain free! By one I went to bed and Dave went home to sleep. By 5 or 6 they checked me and I didn't do anything I was still at a 3. Then by 10 Dr. Wolsey checked me and stretched my cervix to a 4-5 and he was patience and said that he would wait to see if I would continue to dilate. So my 1ish Dr Wolsey checked me about and stretched me to a 7. So then he said that he would give me some more time. So Dave and I waited some more, then finally I started to not feel good. I felt like I needed to be turned, and then I started to shake and then I felt like I had a fever. So I made Dave try to turn me, that didn't go so well that probe that was monitoring Sarah and attached to Sarah came off. So he tried to find a staff member, finally someone came in and the checked me and I was COMPLETE! Can you believe it I finally dilated on my own. So I called my Mom, and my sister and my Mom came and I started to push! Kristi and Dave are on the side of me helping me with my legs and telling me when to push and Mom is t my head giving me moral support! Kristi tells me that she pushed for 45 minutes with Lydia! SO I am thinking I can push for an hour max and then I will have my baby girl in my arms. Well, that didn't happen. I thought that I was pushing very effectively, but Sarah was turned the wrong way, so every time I pushed she just would go back to her cozy spot. So finally Dr Wolsey came and he gave me some options first keep pushing and hope she comes out, 2nd forceps (which I am kind of scared of) and 3rd a c-section. I really didn't want a c-section since I already was complete. So I opted for forceps, but we delivered in the OR because if we couldn't get her out with forceps then I would have to have a c-section. So they wheeled me into the OR, and Dr Wolsey said when I say push you push and I did and after about 2-3 good pushes she was out and we had a health baby girl! Sarah was a cute baby. She came out hungry, but I didn't realize that. But she was ready to eat! Well in the mean time I got stitched up and Dave was with Sarah. Sarah was this happy baby that enjoyed being held by her Mommy and eating! We sure love our Sarah bear and wouldn't have traded her for the world! We love you Sarah dearly!

1 comment:

Sarah Keith said...

She is so beautiful! I am so glad I could meet her!