Monday, March 10, 2008

Each Child is Different!

Well, I was told this a lot growing up, which I know is true. But today I just came to that realization once again. Jonathan and Sarah are so different- in so much size, temperaments, eating patterns, sleep patterns, growing patterns. Well, it hit me today. I was at my Mom's (it is a weekday and she is home- cause of her procedure- everyone was loving it. The Grandkids, Kristi, and I) we were on Mom's bed talking and holding Sarah. Kristi was holding Sarah trying to make her smile. Then I was holding her and she was smiling and looking at me. And then I realized that she knew my voice. She has started to be more interactive each day and I love it. Now remember she is only 1 month old almost 5 weeks this week. This was different with Jonathan. He was slow with everything just cause his size and being born early. So it is so much fun to have Sarah interacting a lot earlier. Another thing is Jonathan is a slower grower as you all now. He is in the same clothes for months on end. He has been in the same gap pants for oh I would say at least 9 months. Now at my baby shower for Jonathan- there was advice given to make sure that you wear an outfit, a lot cause they will grow out of it fast. Well, I didn't really believe that cause Jonathan is wearing out clothes cause he is in them so long. Well, Sarah is so different in this matter. She has worn this one cute outfit once and she is wearing today, and she might have one more time before she is grown out of it. Some of you might not know but I do cloth diapers and I have been having problems with Sarah leaking through them- which is not common for me. Well, I was talking to my Sister and Mom today- and they helped me realize that she is out grown them. I don't want her to grow that fast cause then my baby won't be a baby for long. Such as life! Got to go Sarah is calling!

2 comments:

the DeCampos Family said...

That is so true. You would think that they are all the same. Sarah is too cute. I think that she looks a lot like Dave in some of the pictures. Hope things are going good. And I never heard your mom had surgery??

Becky said...

They DO grow up fast! Kiersten went through clothes so fast that there were times that she didn't get to wear an outfit more than once! She slowed down a little when she hit around 9 months... but not a lot! She's 21 months today and she's already starting to wear some 2T outfits. But on the fun side of things, little girls are much easier to shop for because there is a huge variety of clothes! Have fun, and give the little ones a hug for me!