Friday, March 7, 2008

Wax All Over!

The mess!
No more red candles!
This is how close I could get Jonathan to the mess, he knew that he didn't something bad. He got mad when I tried to put him close to the mess! Then I picked him up, and I said uh-oh pointing to the mess, and then he said it. It made me laugh!
I think that it cleaned up pretty good!
So this morning, I did the usual got up changed diapers then feed Sarah- while Jonathan played in the family room. Then Jonathan ate and I was eating. Jonathan was done, and I was cutting my grapefruit. I had already shut all doors so that he couldn't get into anything. Then I hear this drop and thing tricking- like water. I ran into the entry, and we have a candle in the that is on hot plate. Jonathan must have pulled on the plate or pushed the candle. There was wax everywhere- an did I mention that it was red! I gave a big sigh and picked up Jonathan and a picture that was in the wax. I then within a few minutes, Kristi called and asked if she could come and get Jonathan. It was like a heaven sent- thanks Kristi. I was trying to decide how I was going to clean this up with Jonathan around. So I let it dry and then I finally cleaned it up. It took about a half an hour- I wasn't sure how it was going to clean up. But it did great- and now I have the scooba on the floor mopping! Sarah is in the sling, falling asleep! It all turned out!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! What a mess! I'm glad you figured out how to clean it up, it would have taken me a few phone calls to figure it out and with my luck it would have stained! lol... at least noone got hurt! Now you'll have permant good smelling drywall?

Liz said...

How sad! What a mess! At least the jar didn't break- broken glass is the worst. Glad you got it cleaned up!

Sarah Keith said...

Amazing clean-up! Red wax on a white wall had to be the worst! You did a great job. So cute, those kids...we're excited to join the club soon...

-Micah & Sarah Keith

Lindsey said...

That is soo sad! I have totally done that before with a red candle too! It stains like crazy.