Friday, May 20, 2011

His Hand

I want to write down my feels of things that have been happening in our life! After having Gordon and before that I have been wanting to be home, I have wanted to be able to have more time with my children- for they will only be little for such a short time. I thought that when I went on Maternity leave that I would go back to the hospital on PRN (or as needed). When the time came to start getting my schedule together, it just didn't feel right to go back to the hospital. The 12 hour shift just wasn't going to work with Dave and I. I wanted to be home!! I felt strongly that I wasn't supposed to go back, and I was at peace with it. I was enjoying being at home, and so was Dave.

Although, it was very much of a burden on Dave's shoulders to provide financially for our family. He worked hard and worked an evening job, for awhile. He also started his own little business on the side to do deliveries. But, everything just didn't cut it. I felt the burden myself and felt that I could help out. One of the reasons that I into nursing was to be able to be home and help out financially as needed. Well, i started looking into home health and hospice. I called around everywhere- but no one was really hiring. So I stopped and then I felt the need again. So I called the same places and was going to send my resume in if needed. But, one of the companies was hiring, which last week they weren't. So the manager said she wouldn't talk to me even though I didn't have home health experience. The position she needed was a on call/PRN position. It felt right , and it felt good. I thought that I had the job! But with people in the small company they did some moving around and they ended up not needing me. I was bummed, but moved and enjoyed being home. So the next week, I emailed and faxed companies my resume and left as that.

A few weeks past, and on Monday another company wanted to interview me and needed a part time person/PRN. I set up an interview with them on Thursday. Well, I talked with the manager and at first I didn't know how it would work with my family? But was we talked I thought I could do one-two pts at a time. She pretty much offered the job to me, but I needed to think about it and talk to Dave about it. My Dad was watching Gordon (Jonathan and Sarah were at a friends house), so called to tell him I was on my way home. He asked how it went and I told him and I said that the previous job was better but I thought this would work. I felt that by saying that, I let the Lord know what I wanted and was thinking and he blessed me- IMMEDIATELY. About 2:30 Dave was home for lunch and we were talking about the pros and cons of the job. I got a random phone call, we were out of minutes, but I felt like I should answer it. It was the Manager from the first company I interviewed with and she said they did actually did need me. I just started to laugh, and she was really nice and told me they really wanted me and to choose them. I told her I would get back to her about my decision by Today. Well, when I got off the phone. I KNEW that the Lord was blessing me, and it was no coincidence that she called me today. I know that as I try to be faithful in the little things in my life such as prayer and husband/wife scripture study he blesses me. But, he continues to bless me and I am able to see it more easily how he is blessing our life's and directing our paths!

5 comments:

Linda said...

What a blessing! He is just waiting to bless us! We love you!!

Jessica Munk said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Shelly Beth said...

Thanks for sharing that. Congrats on the new job. I hope it works for you and the family!

Amy said...

Congrats on the new job. How exciting and what a blessing.

Becky said...

Congrats on the new job Shirlene. You are such an example for me. Thank you for sharing this. (and can't wait to see you guys next month!)