Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gordon's Big Day

Gordon's Special Day Finally came! Gordon received a name and a blessing on March 27,2011. We usually do it a little earlier, but with Gordon being a surprise. I needed time to adjust and make a few things for him and make his blessing outfit. I finished his outfit days before, and I think that it made him look so handsome! Gordon was given the blessing by Dave and Papa, Grandpa, Great Grandpa, Uncle Craig, and Uncle Danny were in the circle. Dave was a little nervous but did great. He blessed him that he would grow and progress and continue to be healthy. His family loves him and he would know that they do. He should seek guidance from them. He was blessed to always have a testimony and know that the church is true. He was blessed to continue to be patience and to be a peacemaker. He was consulted to make wise decisions and to make the decision to marry in the temple and raise a righteous family and to serve the Lord!

Gordon is a such a special spirit! We love him dearly and he brings so much joy to our family!

After church we had lunch at my parents house! It was great food, and we are thankful for all those that helped bring something! We enjoyed each others company! Gordon did great the entire church. He was passed around continually and didn't complain. But after lunch he was ready for a good NAP! I really didn't get the camera out until everyone left, so there is no group picture or one with Gordon and Grandma- sad to say!

Papa and Gordon, Papa got Gordon to sleep! Like Papa's do! I love this one cause Grammy is talking to Gordon and he is talking back!
Enjoying time with Great Grandpa!

Ben REALLY wanted to hold Gordon, he waited all church! But Gordon was not happy- but Ben was!
After lunch and Gordon finally went down for a nap. Dave entertained the kids and we all talked. It was a really nice day!!

Sarah has her baby!

Grammy and Papa
Our cute Family
If you notice in both pictures either Jonathan or Sarah are touching Gordon. They really do LOVE him!
Grandpa and Grandma and Our Family!
Mother and Daughter with the newest Grandchild!

Grammy and Papa and Our Family
Proud parents!
Brothers!




I couldn't decide which one I liked (one from our camera and one from my parents!)
Jonathan, Gordon, and Sarah

I LOVE this one!
One Happy/Proud Daddy!

2 comments:

Emily in Wonderland said...

Gordon is so cute! And I'm so glad to see those blue blankets get some use! I thought it would be good to get more than one! They were so economical and they had a couple of them so that's why I got two that were the same so I'm glad you have liked them enough to use them! Yay!

Congratulations to Gordon James on his special special day and Shirlene on making his super fancy outfit! He looks so spiffy! Great job!! You can getting so awesome on that sewing machine!

the DeCampos Family said...

I can't believe you made his outfit. It looks good!! And the blanket is adorable too! and does he look like Sarah? I think so