Thursday, April 7, 2011

Before the Blessing, back in March

Gordon is a great baby! What does that mean- well he tolerates tummy time very well and will lay his head down and suck on his thumb, and will even fall asleep. He loves to be talked to and loves to smile. Sarah likes to tell me when he is talking. He enjoys being held but is content being in the bouncer and looking at the animals and trying to hit them. He eats great and at the end of March he was 13 lbs 12 oz he was just two months then! He sleeps great through the night which I love! He sleeps on and off during the day and loves to sleep in his crib so he doesn't get bugged by his siblings! Gordon is such a contend loving baby. I feel so blessed to have him in our family! Jonathan and Sarah really enjoy preschool. Well, i would have to say that Jonathan LOVES it. And Sarah it just depends on what we are doing, if it is hands on and interactive she enjoys it. Jonathan LOVES learning. Today he was able to identify each letter in MOON. But we have only officially have learned M but he knows that the other letters are in his name. But I didn't realize that he knew them by name. It was so fun for me as a mother. I really enjoy teaching my children and am still batting around the idea of doing home school after kindergarten cause I hate the idea of my children being gone from 8-3 everyday. I want them to have my influence on their lives for 7 hours not a random teachers- although teachers are wonderful. But I want to fill their minds with my ideals! We will see. Sarah knows the letter H but not identifying it yet. She enjoys story time and sitting on my lap and learning about animals. She is learning to sit still more and trying to pay attention more. The picture above i was teaching them about wheat and the little red hen, and I even made bread for them. They thought it was great!

1 comment:

Heidi Hillman said...

So cute! Thanks for all the updates. We've decided to home school our kids for lots of reasons, but one of the main reasons was not wanting them to spend so much time away from home. 7 hours is a REALLY big chunk of time, especially when they're supposed to sleep 11-12 hours a day. It took us a while to figure out what works for us (and I'm sure it will change over time) but we love it!