Tuesday, December 21, 2010

32 Weeks


So the next day after seeing Santa, Emily wanted to take Maternity pictures of me. So here is a few that she took.
Well, I will be 35 weeks on Thursday- but who is counting.
Around 30 weeks I decided that I really didn't like my doctor, I wasn't sure if I should switch doctors so late. But Dr Wolsey had always told me i could come back whenever I wanted. I wasn't sure if I was being emotional or not. Dave said he would support me in whatever I did. I talked with my Mom and sister and they said that if I wasn't happy then to move! Well, after much debate I decided to go back to Dr Wolsey. However still not sure if I wanted to go back to such a large practice. I talked to a girl at work and she used some midwifes in the next city over. I decided that I really wanted to go a different direction this time! So that is what I did. At 32 weeks I changed over to the Nurse Midwifes. Then talking to Kristi more she said that maybe I should go an entire different way by going natural. And she told me to watch this documentary about the "Business of Birthing Babies". Well, after watching that. Dave and I were both on board with going natural. Dave didn't want to wear a Marshmallow suit this time by going into the OR, and I didn't want to have a c-section (I was very close to having one with Sarah). Well, I have started a home study of Hypnobabies and really like it. I have really felt better this past two weeks! And I have had two appointments so far with the Midwifes and have felt that it was a good change for me!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You look darling! Emily did great work! :)

Megan said...

Shirlene you look so great!! How exciting that you're so far along. It is also exciting that you're trying to go the natural route. Very cool. All my friends in my neighborhood have done it naturally (and one mother had 2 of her babies at home) and I think it is just so amazing. I have read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. Beside the fact that I feel the place she lives is a bit of a hippie commune, the book is very uplifting and I'm sure it will help you so much in your birth. I really enjoyed it. Best of luck!