Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sick kids are no fun!

Well, from the last time I have posted. The kids have been just been having a hard time. If it isn't Jonathan then it is Sarah. At first it was Sarah. So after Sarah's party I was just exhausted, and I had to work the next day! So Dave was a gem, that night Sarah had a hard time. She woke up about midnight and had thrown up all her chocolate birthday cake. So Dave Bathed her and changed her bedding. Then once again she threw up so he changed her again. Then a third time, but he ended up just whipping her off. I was totally out. The next morning I woke up and was about to feed Sarah and then I saw this pile of sheets and blankets and clothes! I woke Dave up and he just told me she threw up I didn't know the extent of it! So I started laundry, and in the mean time Sarah heard me and woke up. So I fed her since she was up. I didn't realize how sick she was until the end of the feeding. Sarah pulled herself off and threw up all the milk on me and the rug, but none on her luckily. I changed my scrubs and hurried to work. Sarah just didn't feel good. Dave was at home with them, and he felt that she had an ear infection which she did. So he went to the doctor's and they gave us an antibiotic for her. Side note I am glad that we celebrated her birthday early, before all of this it was a real blessing that she enjoyed her party. So we have been attempting to give her the antibiotic but it just hasn't been happening. (She has an amazingly strong jaw) And I could tell that she just didn't feel well, and my parents confirmed it (they watched my Sarah and Jonathan yesterday while we had to work. which I of course felt bad by the end of the day, you will understand why by the end of the post. I want to be home with them when they don't feel good and just want there Mom). So I scheduled an appointment for her to get a antibiotics shot that evening. Sarah just wanted Grammy to hold her, which I am sure that made Grammy feel special since she always wants Papa!
Well, in the midst of this all. Jonathan around 4 or 5 starts to throw up at Grammy and Papas! No fun at all. By the time we got off work he had thrown up at least 7 times. He was so empty that he was just throwing up bile. I felt so bad for him, I HATE throwing up. So we took them home and bathed them and put Sarah down for awhile till we had to go to our appointment. Well, when we got home he just wanted to drink, so we tried some 7 up. Which was a no go! So no more drinks, and Jonathan just couldn't torrelate that food and drink made him throw up more. We tried distractions, (his "show") which didn't work very well.
We went to the doctors and Sarah got her shot and when we asked him about Jonathan he thought that he just needed to sleep off the bug. When we got home, I fed Sarah again then off to bed for her. Jonathan wanted a drink so bad, but we had to just put him to bed. I of course felt so bad, he went to bed thirsty. This morning I worked again but Dave is able to be home with the kids. Jonathan woke me up this morning and all he wanted was a drink. So I got him up and he drank like he hadn't drank in a week. Then he went back to bed, he layed down and I gave him his bears. Sarah was awake, so I fed her and I was off to work. I got and update from Dave a couple of hours later that they are doing better. "Jonathan hasn't thrown up and Sarah is playing with food thus far this morning."
So I am glad that we celebrated Sarah birthday early cause it just wouldn't have been a good birthday yesterday! But we got a package of love from Grandma (Dave's mom). It was like Christmas all over again; candy and TONS of clothes. I can't wait to put Sarah in some of her cute clothes, she is going to look so cute! Thanks Rosemary we feel so loved! I will be posting Sarah birth for my records, I realized that I didn't tell the story in my words when she was born. I did write it in my personal journal, so there will be a few to come!

1 comment:

Buell Fam said...

How horrible to have 2 sick kids at once! I am glad they are doing better today.